src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Vote.

Now. If you've been in a coma for the last four years and still don't know who [Kerry*] to vote for [Kerry*], you can go here, right quick, and then get the hell down to the polls[Kerry]. Oh yes, you need to have registered by now, since (at least in NY) you can't do a same day registration. And if you have registered in New York, but did it after January 1, 2003, you need to bring ID, 'kay? [Unless you plan to vote Bush. Then I must ask you sit at home and work on your reading skills. Later, I'll be by with a pitch on a bridge I'd like to sell you.] Now. Go. Why are you still reading this? My ass is in line at the polls. [Kerry] *subliminal messages, mwahahahaha!

6 Comments:

At 11/02/2004 11:27:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

lol.
lovin the subliminal messages. i sent my absentee ballot to virginia, but lord knows if my vote is actually among those that counted. i'm hopeful this whole mess will be over tomorrow...

 
At 11/02/2004 11:59:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

voted last week. you aren't the only whose ass is on the line. i am single, no kids, 2 jobs and no govt. assistance,....I GET FRIED EVERY PAYCHECK/TAX SEASON! PLEASE VOTE KERRY!

 
At 11/02/2004 03:54:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

You know who I am rooting for!

Great post. A year or so ago I was working on a conference paper for Oxfam with a whole bunch of other people. We had to put together a section for American youth and how they could be agents for change. Our major point was to be part of a democratic process and go out and vote. Our team thought this was the most important aspect for change in America and for the youth to have a voice. Even though we got the somewhat right wing conservatives back (Argh! It still makes me ill), I was proud to be a in a country where my vote is counted.

I'd be interested to find out if there have been any movements to compulsory voting the states.

 
At 11/02/2004 04:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm getting very, very sleepy....

 
At 11/02/2004 04:51:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Anon, are you trying to say that a) my post is boring you to sleep, b)Kerry is boring you to sleep, c)subliminal messages are boring you to sleep, or d) subliminal messages about Kerry bore you to sleep? Either way, I might be offended, LOL!

Hm. Jazz--fingers crossed for your vote to count! We've all got a lot at stake in this one!

Saff--I'll have to look into that. I used to be a super-political teen--I got a MoJo subscription when I was 16, lined right up for the 1996 elections, the first time I was eligible, at 18, harangued my parents for not voting (they're voting in this one, yes sir) etc., but then I fell off for a bit(I'm back on top of it, though). I think that happens to a lot of people; the trick really is keeping people interested past that idealistic phase...

 
At 11/02/2004 06:17:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

your sublim msg is hypnotizing me ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home