src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, October 20, 2005

It would be great if someone could quickly explain to me...

why it was not okay to spend $229 on this bag, but absolutely okay for me to blow almost the exact same amount on these boots. I'd really appreciate it. Because I can't seem to understand why, at the moment, and I'm still all in that new-purchase glow phase but I detect a bout of buyer's remorse coming on and I'll need to have a good excuse to give to the sane, rational, big-on-savings half of me. Thanks. Edit: Man, I think I'm going to have to take them back. I mean, they are lovely and crazy comfortable and look very, very cute, but they were also $200, and I have many other things that could use the cash. But it would also be great if someone could explain why it is all the cutest punk boys work at Wholefoods. It's 20 blocks away from me, 15 farther than Fairway, but I really am going to have to make that place my new grocer of choice. Not to mention the $8.50 half gallon of Odwalla Superfood they carry. I was overjoyed when I saw that. Fairway stopped carrying it over a year ago and charged $10 when they did have it.

3 Comments:

At 10/20/2005 08:38:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Comparing shoes to handbags is comparing apples to...well, porcupines. Cool shoes=necessity; cool bag=female want

And for the same reason I spent a similar amount of money on a pair of up to the knee lace-up oxblood colored doc martin boots several years ago that I've worn a total of three times! I HAD to have them and I will love them even when I'm clomping around in them when I'm 85 years old!

 
At 10/21/2005 12:05:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh, I was leaving a comment and you just added the edit. Honestly I love bags but I will never own enough comfy, stylish shoes. Wait, do I even OWN any comfy, stylish shoes? I say keep them!
I love Whole Foods although I need to ease up on the price-by-weight salad bar. Mess around and walk out of there with a $15 salad!

 
At 6/08/2006 09:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm buying my superfood at costco for $4.99 a half gallon. I paid for my membership ($45) in a month.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home