src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, March 20, 2006

Freshazimiz.

I'm chatting with the little brother today when he brings the title of this musical masterpiece to my attention. He likes to wind me up, you see, and a song entitled "Fresh as I'm Is" will wind me the hell up. Oh, but then he spelled it out for me. "Freshazimiz," one word. I would like it to be known to all and sundry that I am hereby renouncing my membership to the "Young" club and will be letting my membership in club "Black" expire. I mean, I was already on probation in both, but I think I just need to sever all ties. My Young and Black cards are in the mail, along with the keys to the clubhouses and letters demanding that my dues be returned posthaste. That is all. Excuse, "Datizall." I know, I'm just wrong.

4 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 10:40:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Welcome to the old and crochety club! We've got the black socks that you can hike up to your knees, the lawn chairs and hot coffee for you to sip on as you scream "GET OFF MY LAWN!" at the little whippersnappers.

 
At 3/20/2006 11:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah. I knew I was part of the old club when I, for the life of me, couldn't figure out why every time I saw a young black person in front of a camera...he/she had to throw up hand signals..or worse...just point at it. The HELL? What the hell is up with all this pointing at the camera shit? Y'all just can't just stand there? Kids today...sheeeeet...

I'm not even thinking of my black card. While those in the club would like to say they NEVER gave me one, those outside of it never cease to remind me I'm a permanent member.

 
At 3/21/2006 02:28:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

I've been old for awhile. And my black card has been in limbo for years. I got tired of proving myself worthy back in high school.

I knew I was really old when song lyrics started to matter. "oochie wallie wallie" to be exact. After I heard a little girl singing it on the street I was done. Now this crunk mess... I can't hang.

 
At 3/21/2006 09:07:00 PM, Blogger Nerd Girl said...

Oh Lawd -- I confess -- I really like that song! And Young Jeezy's "My Hood." I work with young people. I listen to what they listen to for work research. Yes! That's it. Work research.

Seriously though, those are the only two current hippety-hop songs that I know.

I'll never turn in the black card. The hood card has never been mine to turn in. And the young card? Long gone! Case in point - I want to buy some old school rap tunes for Nano the iPod Nano (clever name, I know), but they're all explicit. And I, sadly, no longer am!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home