src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Will someone please explain to me...

...why I walked into my doctor's office this morning seeking a measles booster, and walked out with a prescription for the morning after pill? Does this happen to other people? She just volunteered it. With eleven refills. After I told her there was no chance I was pregnant, haven't been sexually active in what anybody but an ascetic would consider to be an embarrassingly long time, and checked just to be sure she wasn't prescribing it out of concern that I would become pregnant while the measles vaccine, known to cause birth defects, was running its course. She just thinks it's something women of childbearing age should have on hand, she says. What does she know about me that I don't know? ask I. I just don't get it. I'm all, "I need a measles booster," and she's all, "When's the last time you had sex?" Whaddywho? I'm not going to go so far as to say I smell a eugenics conspiracy--she seemed well meaning enough--but that's a little weird. And eleven refills!? WTF?!?! So, now I'm sitting here, with this prescription mocking me and my lack of a sex life, because there is no way, short of immaculate conception, I will need this anytime soon, and I suspect that in the case of an immaculate conception, it wouldn't do much good. WTF. VVSFSI.

4 Comments:

At 9/23/2004 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/23/2004 04:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to Ethel. She went in complaining of pain and kept getting the are you pregnant question. Turns out she had appendicitis!

 
At 9/23/2004 09:32:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Perhaps your Doc moonlights as an astrologer and combines both her skills. OOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooh

LOL

It is weird though ...

 
At 9/24/2004 01:11:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Oooh, I hadn't considered that (eyes squeezed shut, fingers crossed, hands simultaneously folded in prayer, toes crossed, and wishing on a star for good measure), LOL. And if that's the case, I've got some investments I'd like her to take a look at....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home