src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Damn you, Zabar's! Damn you to HELL!

So, sometime between Thursday night and Friday afternoon, I decided the world was missing something, and that something was meat pie. Naturally, I took it upon myself to rectify the situation by making meat pie. This isn't about that, though. This is about the journey. The journey to Zabar's, where I went to get a pie tin. First of all, I don't know what the hell I was thinking getting a pie tin at Zabar's, when I could have gotten one at any other crap grocer in town for, oh, $2. But no. I decided this would be a good occasion to tour Zabar's upstairs. Oh, did I neglect to mention that I have been assiduously avoiding the upstairs for the year and a half I've lived two blocks from it? Yes? Well, you can't let a kitchen gadget whore like me loose in a place like that. And do you know why? Because I have neither sense nor restraint, that's why. I went in for a single pie tin. I came out with: A new rolling pin A grater A pie tin A potato masher Three mugs (I already have four. I am one woman. Why in hell do I need seven mugs? I know not.) A vegetable peeler (they have, like, 20 different peelers there. Craziness.) A silicon oven mitt thingum (mad handy.) And some other stuff I don't recall at the moment. Damnit. I spent $50 when I could have spent $2 anyplace else. *eyeroll* Although, I must say, I really should have gotten a vegetable peeler ages ago. My god, the ease! The slippy-quick skinning of vegetables! Wow! Anyway. Shas, you got a Hello Kitty travel mug, yet? 'Cause if not, you do now. Um...okaythat'sall.

6 Comments:

At 11/13/2005 07:22:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

THIS is exactly why I avoid The Container Store; Bed, Bath & Beyond, Sonoma-Williams, the kitchen section of Target, Crate-Barrel 2 and Crate-Barrel, and IKEA....danger, will robinson, danger.....

 
At 11/14/2005 02:53:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Earlier this evening, I go to the store to buy grapefruit juice. I return home, $23 poorer, with: the juice, 3 pieces of fruit, toothpaste, green tea, milk and a tub of New York Super Fudge Double Chocolate Chunk icecream.

Capitalism, man. There's ALWAYS something to buy!

 
At 11/14/2005 10:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there is nothing cuter than kitchen stuff. but i always end up buying the cute kitchen stuff but don't make cute meals with the cute kitchen stuff.

 
At 11/14/2005 11:16:00 AM, Blogger Daisy Mae said...

Thats exactly why I try to stay out of William Sonoma. I know it will be a $50 plus session whenever I walk through those doors. Damn them!

 
At 11/14/2005 04:37:00 PM, Blogger Dayna said...

I thought Zabars was going out of business....glad to see it's still overcharging with the best of them...they had a wall clock I loved.

 
At 11/19/2005 02:28:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

giirrl, i had teh same experience when i went to target a few days ago. went in for a rolling pin. came out with a computer game, a rolling pin, some whisks, a square baking pan, some bag clips and a felxible chopping board.

i feel your pain!

and i didn't know you were sick girlie! how are ya????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home