src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, December 05, 2005

OMG, I am such a failure.

So I went to see my doc today, for a follow-up on a blood pressure situation that seems to have developed in the last few months. My BP has not improved. Not good. I mean, I didn't really follow much of the advice I was given, which probably explains everything, but I wasn't about to tell her that! Also, I swear the only place I have high blood pressure is in her office. Right about now you are thinking, "Heffa, isn't that the only place it's checked?" Well, no. No it isn't. I had a normal reading at my OB/GYN, and if that isn't the time for BP to be up I don't know what is. And I suppose the fact that I just got back from a Whorin', Brawlin' and Drinkin' (TM) extravaganza doesn't help. I didn't mention that, either. Now I have to go get a BP monitor to avoid being put on meds. Did I mention I hate meds? I have the strangest aversion to being medicated for anything. Tangent: One of the nurses in my doctor's office is cool as hell. She's just funny. I hated the people at my old doctor's place, but new doc's? All cool. Anyway, to make myself feel better about my health failure, I went and failed harder. 1. I picked up a highly-caffeinated, BP-elevating Starchuckian beverage, with sugar-starch snacky on the side and 2. I did this without thinking of the fact that I had money-saving, already brewed caffeinated deliciousness and healthy-wonderful breakfast treats at home. It's cold here. I think I will go winter-apparel shopping today. I need a new scarf. Maybe some gloves. And some new winter boots. And a coat. Crap. I can't spend any more money, though. Maybe I should finish one of the knit/crochet projects I was working on this time last year...

5 Comments:

At 12/05/2005 03:29:00 PM, Blogger girlhattan said...

FYI, high bp is one of the causes of subconjunctival hemorrhage, also known as the narsty blood thingy i got on my eye. so be careful!

 
At 12/05/2005 03:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i prefer to check my BP at walgreens or CVS on that little machine near the pharmacy. and it's free. a doctor's visit costs moolah. and then you can sit on that uncomfortable seat while that cuff sucks the life out of your arm. you sit there thinking, "omg, it's too tight! it's too tight!" and then your pulse rate spikes because you're so freaked out that the cuff is killing you.

ok, go to the doctor instead.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:23:00 AM, Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/06/2005 12:26:00 AM, Blogger Bullet Proof Diva said...

seriously, I am not making this up, I heard they conducted research on a group of patients and found that their BP only spiked when taken at a doctor's office, it was tagged white coat hypertension, or something like that because they associated the increase in BP with healthcare workers. Kinda far fetched sounding, huh?

Anyway, take good care of yourself chic

 
At 12/06/2005 05:58:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

This reminds me, I soooo need to make an appointment for my annual physical.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home