src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, August 21, 2004

The A Train

A for Ass, that is. I need to get from NYC to Illadelph on the morrow, and I need to figure out how to do it, which shouldn't be all that hard, but after a solid 9 hour workday without a break for food, drink, or making numbers 1 or 2, I'm having the damnedest time figuring it out. A normal person would go Amtrak, but Amtrak is $125, so you know that's out for this miserly miss. Greyhound is only slightly better, ringing in around $70, which, in Sid money, could still furnish a whole room, so hell no, I won't go (Greyhound, that is). The various Chinatown buses will get me there, eventually, for $20 roundtrip, but since they always overbook and there may or may not be a gangland-style knifing of drivers involved once I manage to actually get on a bus, I think I'll pass. That leaves a tangled web of mass-transity goodness, which only the criminally insane (or broke) would try to unravel. It seems to involve a Penn Station-Trenton-30th Street train-hopping plan, but given the fact that I have managed to get myself lost in Brooklyn trying to get from the UWS to Chinatown, and that all three of those three stations feature various dangerous and/or criminal elements I generally try to avoid, I'm thinking I could end up bleeding in a gutter. In Baltimore. Damn.

1 Comments:

At 8/22/2004 10:45:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

just came by your blog. like the reflections of nyc life. keep it up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home