src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, September 24, 2004

I do not condone mocking children.

That's just cruel. I do, however, think it's kinda funny when children who have a tenuous grasp on spelling decide to expound upon Big Political Issues and start stumping for Bush. Is that wrong? Poll time: Leave a comment--should I remove this post out of respect for the other blogger's age (she's only 14) , or leave it up because (fill in the blank) ? Update: I took the link down. I work with kids, and I just couldn't live with myself knowing I would be leading grown folks to judge a child. I am such a fucking bedwetting liberal. But I will say she thinks "...the War in Iraq... is nessacary," and is "definately a Republican. I do NOT want Kerry to win. He keeps changing his answers to everything. Or he says he does and doesn't want it." George, if by some cursed, cruel twist of fate you do win (steal) the election again, PLEASE do not leave this child behind....She was rootin' for you.

5 Comments:

At 9/24/2004 10:12:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

oh dam-en it... my blog stalking skills let me down this time LOL - I did not see the link!

It would have made my tummy churn though... out of the mouth of babes

 
At 9/25/2004 12:59:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

You know, I've put the really good bits up here already, and I think I shall make that my part in preserving her anonymity (which doesn't mean you can't be really clever and google the phrases I quoted. Ahem.) I also believe in blogarma, which is my belief in blogging karma, as I am sure I have said and will continue to say some truly asinine isht that I wouldn't want the whole world, or blackblogz ring, even, totally mocking. And I'm an adult who generally gives some serious thought to what I write. So...I shan't be emailing the link, even. But I did think about it. If I feel mean later, I might change my mind....

 
At 9/25/2004 09:40:00 PM, Blogger a* said...

Awwww, you took it down. I wanna click the link!

Just a basic reflection of the ignorance of "Republicans"...passed down. So for the grown folks it's not OKAY to adjust you thinking to facts but its OKAY to steadfast jacked up perspectives?

Sorry but, this is perfect proof why there is an age cap on voteing...see I use to be an angry youngin that wanted to vote...now I don't wanna.

 
At 9/27/2004 12:39:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

I don't think Sid was hard on the 14 year old. She is only 4 years away from voting age, which must give her some sense of how Effed the world must be with the war and biggoting going on. What is scary is that there are parents out there saying these type of things (or even worse) that their children then believe and repeat. THAT is the bad thing.

 
At 9/27/2004 08:44:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Absolutely true X, absolutely true. I spend so much time around people who are actively political these days that I sometimes forget that this interest isn't common. So it is good she's interested, and I hope that interest continues for her.

And I agree the voting booth is private. The blogspot, however, is not :) Mwahahaha! If she were an adult, I would have linked without a second thought. However, as she is so young, as I said, I've decided that wasn't fair. Even I didn't pick up my first Mother Jones until I was about 16. She's got time, whichever party she chooses. And I'm not even going to pretend there aren't a bunch of fools rootin' for the Dems.

I'm just not planning to crow about it. What can I say? Moderate Democrat by disposition, vicious Republican tactics, that's me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home