src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Randomosity

So yesterday, post workout, I hit the Starbucks at 75th and Broadway and I think I saw Wayne Brady there, trying to go incognito in shades and a hat, but still grinning so hard it looked like his face would crack. Could there possibly be two high-booty brothers that happy in the world? And why can't I ever spot, like, this guy, or this one, or this one, or this one, or hell, even (no--especially) this one?!?! Also, plenty of people sing in the shower, but does anybody else dance in the shower? For some reason I feel compelled to bust a move barefoot in a wet, slippery tub. I have to stop, 'cause if I fall and break something, I would sooner die than call for help... Madeleine Peyroux--I just heard one of her songs on some Music Choice station and I think I love it. Mayhap I will buy her album. Maxam Honeysuckle bar soap, which I got a while back at Pearl River Mart (477 Broadway; N, R, W at Canal street) has turned my post-workout shower into my favorite part of the day. Such a perfect, clean smell, available for only a buck-a-bar. That's it until after tofurkey day. I'm heading off to see the folks tomorrow, and I'm working at an ungodly early hour Friday (and let me just say that I work starting at 7 am one day each week, so you can imagine what crazy-ass time I'm going in on Friday to be bitching about it here), so no one will be hearing from me for at least the rest of this week. Unless something really blogworthy happens, which I doubt. Happy Thankstealing! Oops, almost forgot. The two most random things I've overheard in the last six or so months: 1. Someone named Keyshondra making fun of someone named Damaris for having "a ghetto name." I almost dropped a damn stitch behind that isht. 2. Two guys at an outdoor cafe having a seriously girlie-style chat about relationships--specifically, about one guy's girlfriend troubles. "I feel like you've turned her into a project," says his friend. Holy crap. You all DO talk about us the way we talk about you. Is FHM just, like, a really expensive (exhaustive and extensive) red herring? Or was this conversation just an anomaly?

2 Comments:

At 11/23/2004 09:20:00 PM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

LMAO @ the two guys' conversation.

Have a good holiday!!

 
At 11/24/2004 12:55:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

TBNY, you need ta hushup. Anybody who can be successfully imitated by a wayans brother (the skinny, uncute one at that) should be legally banned from sex symbol status, and those who love them may not criticize, that's all I'm sayin'. And I hope he done lost that ski-jump hairdo by now, for real.

Also, it occurred to me after the fact that I actually have seen that last guy in person, so scratch him and imagine it links to a picture of the "Page 3 Boy," Shariff, in the second issue of Suede. I have never in my life wanted to lick paper before. But I have to stop myself now. Yowza. If I could get wood, seriously....was that too vulgar?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home