src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, November 15, 2004

Gym-gyminee, gym-gyminee gym-gym jerooooooo

So I've been really good about hitting the gym at least four days per week, yay me. But I've gotten bored with my bike/weights routine, so today I hauled my backside up onto an elliptical machine, expecting to spend roughly five minutes making an ass of myself before staggering off to a bike. I don't know why I thought that would be how it went down. I mean, I've used the durn things before, though only by force (for 2 minutes at a time during a circuit training class in grad school). Point being, that is not how it went down. It went down like this: Minute 1: Step up...oh, crap, going backwards, why's it going backwards?!? Oh, wait, nope, got it, forward, forward...shit, lost hold on the grips, ack! Nope, got it again, forward, forward... Minutes 5-10: Wee-haw! I got this! Swish swish swish... Minutes 11-35: (singing in head) You know I'm BAD, I'm bad, you know it, hee-hee... I LURVE the elliptical machine! I cannot believe I have been avoiding it for the past month. Dang. Aside from the fact that, somehow during the course of the workout, both my hands AND feet started to fall asleep, and I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror looking like a demented bouncing hobbit, it was perfect. All of the benefits of running without nasty side effects like joint rebellion, hyperventilation or lost toenails. Crazy. Yes, I realize everyone else in the world has known this for years now. Shush. I'm having a moment. Why in the hell did I wait 26 years to join a gym? Ah, well. I've joined up now, and I love it. If only I could stop loving pumpkin spice lattes and apple fritters, I'd be skraight...

8 Comments:

At 11/15/2004 03:46:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

good job on the avid gymmage. the initial joy of joining a gym has worn off and i'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
as for pumpkin spice lattes, i FEEL you! between those and the gingerbread lattes (i did a jig when i realized starbucks had brought them back), it's sooo hard to not steer my car in starbucks' direction.

 
At 11/15/2004 07:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

^5

 
At 11/15/2004 10:35:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Um, whatthehay does ^5 mean?

 
At 11/16/2004 03:52:00 PM, Blogger JM said...

I love the gym also. Alot of woemen say they have problems with their feet falling asleep on the elliptical. My favorite is the precore but my feet tend to go numb on that one as well. I find it helps to keep moving your feet around.

 
At 11/17/2004 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

I LOVE that machine! It works a lot with minimal effort, but you have to be able to hang! I'm living vicariously through you right now...my fat ass hasn't seen a gym in a minute!

 
At 11/18/2004 12:43:00 AM, Blogger The Renegade said...

those ellipticle bikes are the Jesus of exercise machines. going backwards really works the butt, too.

and the Precore's are the best.

i just noticed your comments on my Worst Night EVAR© entry, and i just wanted to say thanks. it made me smile.

 
At 11/18/2004 12:33:00 PM, Blogger reef said...

yeah i've hittin up the gym pretty often too, but i stick with bike / weights. i like the bike cause i can read while i'm on it, and the weights just give me that old primitive 'i'm a man cause i lift shit' feeling. i try to go at least mon wed fri, maybe more if i'm motivated. i was pissed though cause i forgot my lock last time i went, so the whole time i was scared my shit was gonna get stolen!

 
At 11/19/2004 09:27:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

thanks for the vote of confidence and support! it really made my day! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home