src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, December 04, 2004

Bendoverdirect strikes again.

So, just to clarify my seething hatred and overall disgruntlement, this is the problem. Freshdirect keeps fucking up. Wouldn't be so bad if they fixed things promptly. But, between the big old assembly line warehouse and hand wringing "we can't do anything until Jesus comes back to corral his chilluns...let me have someone call you back" spouting bureaucracy, it is impossible to have a problem, call someone once, and Just. Get. It. Fixed. I thought that using an actual credit card rather than my bank checkcard would make it easier to fix this kind of problem. Ha-effing-ha-ha-ha. I actually caught this latest screwup yesterday, while the charge error was only in their system, not on my credit card. My credit card just reflected a "capture" of 125% of the correct price--about $120. Thank god--I thought (see, in my tiny little rational mind, I thought that was a good thing. You know, being able to stop the potential problem before we had a real problem and I needed to show up on a bitch's doorstep). But when I called the customer service department to let them know how fucked up the billing was, I got the usual song and dance--"Oooh, yeah, we did screw up, and we're really sorry. We'll try fix it tomorrow after the order is delivered. " *pressure...rising...fingers...curling...into...claws..gaaaahh...attack...must...attack...* To which I respond, um, NO MUDDAFUCKAHS! because if you wait until then, you will put me over my credit limit. And if you put me over my limit, not only will my credit card company charge me an over limit fee (which you bitches WILL pay, ya heard, but even then, even though it is your fault, that shit will stay on my record) but YOU BITCHES WILL TRY TO CHARGE ME AN INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FEE ON TOP OF THAT, FOR THE MISTAKE YOU BITCHES MADE!!!!! But since they are at least being polite, I can't say any of that, because if the shit hits the fan and they can show I was the one being belligerent, and they are the ones recording the calls...well, it wouldn't be good. So instead I do my best mentally unstable giggle, the one that indicates you have been pushed beyond all reason and want to cut a bitch, and then explain that you need it fixed before that shit happens, and why. And they say okay, I need to talk to someone in accounts, we'll have them call you right back. This call from accounts, of course, never comes. So I checked my credit account again this morning, and the credit card company still lists the $120+ charge, which leads me to believe that the final charge still hasn't gone through, you know, since that is neither the correct amount nor the crazyfuckedup amount. So I call Freshdirect again. (No, I don't sleep on this shit. Freshdirect will be as miserable as I am until I am satisfied, dammit.) And I talk to a new person who informs me that, nope, the error still hasn't been corrected (something like 15 business hours later), but she will go talk to a supervisor and call me back in 30 minutes or less. Which (Shock! Wonder of wonders!) she does. And tells me that they are just planning to charge me the 125% of estimated final cost amount, which is still $120+ dollars. I can kinda relax over this, at least they haven't fucked my credit, and thank goodness for that small favor. The problem is, because the error was made on the assembly line, with the fool who put a $240 sticker on $10 worth of fish, and not in their computers, they have no way (other than common motherfucking sense, which would suggest that, if you gave me four 6-8 ounce fillets, you should really only be charging me for one-and-a-half-to-two pounds of fish. Maybe a little bit more, but usually a little less, since you order by number of fillets, not weight, and they tend to be on the smaller side) of determining how much that fish actually cost, so I am still getting stuck paying about $20 for $10 of fish. So they are still making extra money off their fuckup. Sigh. Like I said. At least they didn't ruin my credit. I am so hardheaded. This time, for real, I'm done.* *I tried again because after three months of doing my own shopping, with my schedule, I'd found myself too busy to do it in any significant way, and I never had time to shop and then wait for Fairway to deliver, so I ended up ordering in instead, which meant I was spending something like $600-$700 a month on food when I should have only been spending about $350. Looks like I'll have to make some adjustments. And my friend, who never has any problems with them, said oh, give them another chance. Because really, who would think a screwup of this magnitude could happen twice?

4 Comments:

At 12/04/2004 01:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason, I've never had to wait for Fairway to deliver but I got to the uptown store. I am usually the first delivery which is why they usually beat me home from the store! I'm like, they may as well give me a ride home with my groceries! DAG also delivers (although I find them WAY overpriced) IMO, you are spending an equal amount of time resolving this problems as you could have spent doing your shopping. The fish sounded really overpriced (even without the mark up) but that is just me.

 
At 12/04/2004 05:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you know what, I really believed them when they said they recorded calls for "training purposes", it never even crossed my mind that it is supposed to intimidate you into not being mean to them, but now that you say it, it makes perfect sense!
(this is from Natamalie)

 
At 12/06/2004 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

So what is the conclusion to this saga? Ya know I had something similar happen with Best Buy last Christmas when I bought the kid a small TV, got charged twice. They took until well after the holidays to clear it up. Soooooo pissed.

 
At 12/07/2004 03:27:00 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

That is MESSED UP! You should have bypassed alll the BS and asked for a supervisor and started your letter writing campaign to make the RECOGNIZE that YOU are NOT to be F-D with!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home