src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Godmotherfuckingdammit.

I don't care what Steve Madden or Glamour or Full Frontal Fashion are telling you. This shit is not cute. No. This is Manhattan, not Reykjavik. No. You are an accountant, not Pocahontas. No. I don't care how cold it gets at night. You live in a fifth floor walk-up in Chelsea, not a five person log hut in Oymyakon. No. You are 5'1", 155 lbs., not 5'11", 115 lbs. Sweetie, somebody like Andre Leon Talley may have sanctioned them, but consider your source: the man spends his days with 15-year-old, underfed high school dropouts. Plus, you know in zero-point-oh-five seconds, the fashion world is going to pretend this shit never happened. Of course, they'll all wait a few months to let you in on that little tidbit. And then one day you'll open your favorite magazine to find one of those cruel, "don't" pictures of you wearing mukluks and skinny jeans with exposed butt-sausage panty lines, and only a little black bar to shield you from total, public humiliation. I'm just sayin'. Please, let this shit die. Of course, this isn't really what's got my bikinis in a bunch, but I'm contractually bound not to discuss that.

4 Comments:

At 1/25/2005 07:14:00 AM, Blogger Fresh said...

I know one thing...if it dropped down below Zero I would have those furry muggs on my feet in heartbeat *LOL* I don't do cold so practically will win out over fashion many days. Feet warm, check, feet don't hurt, check, feet dry, check, off we go! *LOL*

 
At 1/25/2005 11:35:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Hey, It ain't about cute, it's about warm. It was -15 in Chicago last week, and
I 'm a public transportation kinda girl. I will gladly look like an Eskimo to keep my toes from getting frostbitten.

I hear you on the fur boots, though. They are fug.

 
At 1/25/2005 11:38:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

B, I agree, if it was really that cold, I'd say, g'won, keep your pups warm as best you can, lol. And there are those that claim these are about warmth and comfort. But you can get warmth without having synthetic yak hide strapped to your legs, and you know if it was only about comfort, the women who advocated these things would be wearing mushrooms the rest of the year, not $250 jimmy choos, lol. It never ceases to amaze me what the fashion world will come up with as "inspiration." Remember in the 90s when Gaultier sent models down the runway tarted up as hasidic jews? un-be-feckin-lievable.

 
At 1/28/2005 06:17:00 PM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

LOL @ X and her fuggin NATIONAL ENQUIRER!!

I have to say, that those were some of the ugliest, most disgustingly vile shoes I've ever seen.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home