src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, January 13, 2005

I know y'all don't care, but I need to keep my weekly post average up.

I stole this from X. I can't be thinking up stuff to write all the time. I just end up posting crappy pictures of my tartily-shod feet. 1. What movie can you watch over and over again? The Mummy (shush), The Goonies, Monsoon Wedding, Witches of Eastwick, Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, and Ace Ventura, Pet Detective, among others. 2. What is your favorite drink? At the moment? Not to sound like an alkie or anything, but this needs to be broken down by category. Beer: Bass is my standby ale, Guinness the stout. Guinnie/Bass black-and-tans are cool, as is a black raspberry (Guinness and Lambic). Cocktail: Tanqueray dirty martini, three olives, like the one I had at Bouley last week. I'm still testing the wine waters, but I'm fond of dessert-y wines like Reisling and Muscatel. I've tended bar (catering) in the past and I'm a foodie. I buy imported butter. You think I'm having some generic-ass drinks? 3. If you could adopt a wild animal what would it be? Ah. Pygmy Marmoset. Hands down. Oh god, they are the cutest things, like living Monchichis. 4. If you could have any car in the world what would it be? Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S. I'm built for comfort. My car can be built for speed, thanks. 5. If you were going to a remote place and could only take one cd, what cd would you take? Screw the CD. I'm taking Baby. 6. Would you rather miss the beginning or end of a movie? I won't see a movie if I've missed the first few minutes; I'd sooner wait for the next showing. The previews are half the fun. 7. Which is worse: being in a place that is too loud or too quiet? Loud 8. Which is worse. . . getting a flat tire or a speeding ticket? Flat. I seem to have a bit of luck when it comes to speed. I used to do 95mph down I-95 on the regular, and the only time in my life I've ever been pulled over was when I had a tail light out on a city road. Go figure. 9. Would you rather change your past or know your future? Past. Knowing my future would kill all the fun. 10. What celebrity do you lust over? I dunno, I appreciate different things about different kinds of guys. The only thing I'm not partial to is blondeness. I guess I have a type. This guy. This guy. Cube (Shut. Up.) The reconstituted Mummy in the Mummy.The Rock. Vin Diesel.*ducks Will's shoe* What? I didn't say I wanted to watch him act out scenes from Hamlet. Listen, the hottest guy I've ever seen wasn't famous. He was a student in a population class I took, and he was bald, brown, beautiful, and had a perfect, genuine, ten-billion watt smile. 11. Would you rather be a trashman or a proctologist? No brainer, proctologist. 12. What kind of perfume do you wear? I change every few months. My dresser holds Chanel Chance, Marc Jacobs, some Demeter scents, an ooooold bottle of Angel. But Gucci Rush might be the only bottle I've ever finished. And oh! I got my hands on a Shiseido Feminite du Bois pen once, and that stuff is very, er, hm, lets say, mood-setting, very musky. It's been discontinued, though, dammit. I love perfume. Funny thing is, I almost never wear it. I usually smell like whatever soap/lotion combo I'm working with at the time. 13. Would you rather speak with God for a minute or add a year to your life? X's answer was perfect. I would rather have God speak BACK for a minute. Or just hear a snippet of God's thoughts, without going mad. Of course, there are those who would argue that, you know, we ARE a snippet of God's thought, as is everything around us, we just aren't properly listening.... 14. Would you rather end hunger or hatred? Stupidity. Oh wait, that wasn't an option. Hatred. 15. Do you tend to date people younger than you or older than you? I prefer older, but that wasn't the question, so in truth, they tend to be younger. I have no idea why. 16. How do you feel about tattoos? I have one, relatively discreetly located, and frankly think the right kind of tattoo, on the right person and in the right place, is crazy sexy. But it's tricky. The wrong kind of tattoo (your street name, for instance, done, say, in prison with a piece of stone chipped from your cell wall and some cigarette ash) however, is a deal-breaker. 17. What talent do you wish you possessed? Concert-quality musicianship. Hell, any musical talent at all. But I definitely lean more toward wishing for instrumental talent over vocal talent. There is something very moving and beautiful about a musician so good she's seemingly possessed by her instrument. Oh wait, remember that TV show where these three people--an old guy, a young guy, and a hot chick--ran an antique shop and had to hunt down possessed antiques? Yeah, well, not like that. 18. Are you generally an optimist, pessimist or a realist? Realist with paranoid tendencies. 19. If you were given $50,000 to throw a party for someone . . . who would it be and what kind of party would you throw? My mom, and it would be a very small party at home, since I would have used the bulk of the money to pay down the loans she took out to put us both through college. We graduated the same year! Woohoo, mom! She's the best. 20. If you were a Peanuts character which character would you be? The little piano player, or Snoopy. 21. Do you get heartburn and if so how do you cure it? Almost never. I have a stomach of iron, lol. On the rare occasion I do, I take something coating, like pepto. Alka-Seltzer makes me upchuck. 22. How do you like your cookies. . .crunchy or chewy? Chewy. With milk. 23. What have been your highpoints and low points of 2004? High: Getting a J-O-B and moving to N-Y-C Low: Um.... Getting a bad haircut at a small salon over the summer? The lady gave me a crazy-ass uneven trim. 24. What is the best gift you received this Christmas? Time with the family. 25. What is your most memorable vacation? First trip to the UK. It wasn't all good, but man, was it memorable. Holy crap. And to think, even with the craziness, I went back. The second trip was much better. 26. Do you kiss on the first date? I can't remember, dammit. Let me think back....oh yes, I may have done that, LOL. 27. Name five of your favorite junk foods. Brownies, french fries, chocolate croissants, fish & chips, and Bertucci's pizza. 28. Describe your dream wedding. I don't trip or puke. I'm assuming that all the elements of the perfect marriage are in place, of course--that the groom is my best friend ever, and has lots of, er, stamina. And that our families are there, and happy. I just haven't given this much thought. 29. What are your favorite pizza toppings? Fresh mozzarella, roasted garlic cloves, carmelized onions, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms, extra sauce. 30. What’s your favoite cereal? Special K with Red Berries (Psyche. It's Fruity Pebbles. I love the hell out of that cereal. Which is why I never buy it.) 31. Who did you last have an argument with? My dabgum keys, because they hide from me every morning. 32. What is your weapon of choice? Ninja stars! Just kidding. Really it's the longbow. Ha! Tricked you again! A recurve bow. No, I mean it this time. It's the only one I kinda know how to use. ...Now, a boy who can draw a longbow is high on the hotness scale, 'cause the physics of a strung longbow make it hella hard to draw (did I just write "hella" in all seriousness?), and drawing one repeatedly gives you these really sexy, defined forearms, and that's hot as fuck. There was this one guy on my archery team in college--stocky and balding, but when he rolled up his sleeves and drew his longbow (his hand-carved, self-made longbow!) I'd get this really funny feeling in my... *snaps to, wipes drool from chin* Ahem. Sorry. Onward. 33. Do you hold grudges or do you let things go easily? I make myself think I've let things go, and the other person thinks I have, too, until one day, they use the last of the toilet paper or something, and I'm just, like, "I can't do this anymore!" Then I move to a new state. I know, I have a problem. I'm working on it. 34. What is one thing you need to do but don’t? Go to bed before 2 am; work out every day; save more; write more; eat like my body was a tiny, well-maintained temple preparing to house a succession of demanding deities (that would be, have kids one day). Oh, did it say one thing? Oops. 35. What size is your bed? Double/Full. 36. What do you wear to bed? Tank top, knickers 37. Is your belly button an innie or outtie? Innie 38. Do you prefer white or wheat bread? Sliced? Wheat. But fresh baked? French, or summer-veg focaccia. With a nice soft cheese and a dry white wine.

5 Comments:

At 1/14/2005 08:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I'm going to have to try that black raspberry, sounds tasty. I love black and tans.
And Daniel Sunjata is hot. Do you watch Rescue Me? I can't wait for the season to start again.

 
At 1/14/2005 11:53:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

I loved Rescue Me, and even though I watched it for Sunjata, I loved it in the end for the whole thing, and wasn't crazy about his character. But he is the hotness, he is the hotness.

Yep. Guinness and Lambic, my new favorite way to be all girlie at a bar while drinking manly drinks, ha. But it really is a brilliant combo. Lambic alone is too sweet, and Guinness, though perfect alone, is transformed by the addition of sweet ale.

 
At 1/15/2005 02:34:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

I'm with you on the sexiness that is black men. Yum. I also have a secret crush on Cube. Harris has made me a very happy woman to see these shots of O'Shea Jackson :-) http://harrisspeaks.blogspot.com/2005/01/we-be-clubbin.html Girl, you know he had it jumping off in high school! LOL!

 
At 1/15/2005 04:15:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh I know! Isn't that funny? I watched it for Daniel, too and I got sucked in. The finale episode was amazing ... Denis Leary and the other firefighters. They're all interesting. Can't wait!

And I hope the next time I go out the bartender knows how to make that Black Raspberry right. I'll let you know.

 
At 1/15/2005 05:18:00 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Ninja stars! I still own some, very nice..lol Great blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home