src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

At this point, Theraflu just owns my ass.

I'm sick. Again. As in, for the second time. In a single year. You say to yourself, "Self, what is this bitch complaining about? Most people get sick, like, four times per year. Shut up, bitch." Yes, well, I'm not most people. And I used to almost never get sick. And yet, here I find myself doped up on the coughy sauce again. At least it's lemonilicious. Anyway, like I said last time, when I do get sick, I become a whiny little bitch about it, like a boy. One person of my acquaintance cannot stand it when anyone complains about anything, ever. Anything, ever, and I mean that quite seriously. So when I told her I'd finally gotten sick again (she'd been taunting me with the prospect for weeks, since everyone around us has been sick, including her) she responded with a "Suck it up, everybody gets sick." (Unsurprisingly, this particular woman is sick with something all the time, and never complains. She is far too set in her ways for me to alert her to the fact that, were she to actually bother to complain once in a while when she got sick rather than trying to work through everything, she might not be sick quite so often. But I digress. Also, if she did that, yours truly would be her replacement in the slack uptake or whatever.) For the record: Telling me to "suck it up" does not make me want to impress you by sucking it up, nor does it make me want to whine more out of defiance, like a child. It does, however, make me want to shove jagged ceramic shards into your squishy bits. Just thought you should know, so we're all on the same page. I need to be better by this time next week, because come Hell or high water, I'm going to San Francisco, and I am getting my proverbial party on. Also, I haven't NaNoed since the first week. Happy Tuesday.

6 Comments:

At 11/15/2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Aw. I hope you feel better soon!

I used to get the flu every year about this time, Revel in the whininess and lemoniliciousness, I say, ! And take care.

I was gonna ask you about your NaNo progress, because I took some time off from it *heh* last week, and there is no way in hell I will make 50,000 words unless I quit my job.

 
At 11/15/2005 02:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Put some 'tussin on it!

 
At 11/15/2005 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

seriously, though. sorry to hear you're sick ... :(

 
At 11/15/2005 04:20:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's an awful lot of fun to say, "Suck it up!," though. So: Suck it up!

And by "it" I mean Vitamin C, sleep, and plenty of fluids.

 
At 11/15/2005 05:43:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Tussin is the bee's knees. Get well soon, Sid!

 
At 11/17/2005 08:19:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have no squishy bits.

"Suck it up"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home