src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Tagged!

I've been tagged by the lovely and talented Ms. Danyel! Yay, an excuse to do a meme! I take full responsibility for the details contained herein. Four jobs I've had: 1. North American Independent Library Sales Manager, Little British Publishing Company You've Probably Never Heard Of. It was my first job out of undergrad. I quit after 3 months. 2. Assistant to Commencement Director, Harvard (Commencement 2001). Temp job I loved the most. My boss was just the sweetest woman in the history of the world. 3. Science/English instructor at an Upward Bound summer program. 4. Editorial intern at Transition. No money, but I got grad credit. And I was there many and several ('kay, like two or three) days a week. I think that should count for something. Four DVD's I can keep watching: 1. Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 2. Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells 3. The Transporter (because "I Got Love for my Homies," and by "homies" I mean Jason Statham's pecs.) 4. Practical Magic. Not a word. Let me have this one little bit of sap, okay? Thanks. Four places I wish I had (or intend to) live(d): 1. Japan. During high school I was accepted into an intensive Japanese laguage/cultural study and exchange program that my mother and my home high school later vetoed. Years earlier, my mother had also been accepted to a program when she was in college that would have taken us both there for her to study, but then it turned out she was a year or something too old to be eligible. When I think of how fluent we could be now...bygones. 2. Wellesley, MA. If I had accepted a place at the local ladies' college instead of my (don't get me wrong, wonderful fabulous) alma mater, I would have no student loan debt right now. None. Jeebus. The places I could go without that $40K hanging over my head... boggles the mind, it does. An extra $520 in my pocket every month. Goddamn. 3. Scotland. I've decided I will complete my second book there. Now, if only I could finish my damn first, lol. That'll be in Chicago. 4. London, again. I'll be going back, and next time, I won't be living above the Kilburn Pizza Go-Go. Not that there's anything wrong with that place. Lord knows my roomies and I ate there often enough. Four TV shows I watch: 1. Lost 2. Rome 3. Late Night with Conan O' Brien 4. Law and Order SVU (because whenever I go home to see the 'rents, there is always a marathon on USA.) 5. Dr. 90210. I seem to catch this late at night fairly often. Yeah, I put down five. What? Four places I've traveled: 1. the UK (with stays in London, Nottingham, Blackburn and Dublin.) 2. Paris (the first time I hated it; the second time I loved it. This was when I first realized that a place is as much if not more about the company you keep than any wonderful historical and cultural treasures it might possess.) 3. Chicago, Chicago, da-duh-duh-duh-duuuuhh! 4. TJ. Dude. Just, dude. Listen, it's the kinda place where they sell individual smokes in vending machines and bartenders pour booze directly down your throat, then sling you over their shoulders and spin you around, for the amusement of your evil friends. Hey, but it is where I got my first impromptu vacation spanking! Granted, I was really pissed off at the time... Four websites I visit daily: 1. Gmail 2. IMDB (at least it seems that way) 3. NYT.com, via Gmail 4. Anybody who my blogroll indicates has updated. Hee! Four foods I love: 1. Spicy tuna maki, Ruby Foo's and lately Raku II 2. Big Nick's bacon cheeseburgers. Haven't had one in over a month. 3. Crif Dogs' spicy redneck dog, or any restaurant's foie gras. I've had them the same number of times in the past year--twice for each--and damn if I don't love 'em, and know I can't have either any more often than that. 4. My specialty soups. Sorry, but my Scottish stilton and curried pumpkin soups are the shiznitski. Four early musical influences: 1. Prince. I will always love that teeny, tiny little man 2. Guns N' Roses. *shrug* Appetite is one of my favorite albums ever, and makes for one damn fine cardio workout soundtrack. 3. Sade. One of my earliest memories is chilling with my mom in her Mattapan studio apartment, listening to Sade. Listen, I had to go back to my father's and step-mother's place and listen to the got-danged Winans on repeat, okay? Sade was really different, lol. Prolly why I'se a heathen today. (I can't hate on all their musical tastes, though. They are the reason I've got an Al Jarreau Best Of in my collection. Damn, come to think of it, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be bourgie black at all. I'd just be bourgie.) 4. Er, um, hmmm. Hell, come back later, I'll come up with something. Four bloggers I'm nudging: 1. Divine M (who likely will never have enough free time to complete this meme) 2. Miss James 3. Quietly 4. Monsieur Soviet and anybody else who hasn't done it yet, but wants to. Heh. Last note: I'll be working for two of the three days this is going on, but if you aren't, maybe you should swing by this film festival of shorts by women of color, running this Friday through Sunday. Thanks to Golden and Ms. Berry for the heads-up! Now. I'm off to get my grubby little mitts on some discount chocolate hearts ;-P

2 Comments:

At 2/15/2006 09:39:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

I love that there are so many women down for The Transporter!

 
At 2/18/2006 11:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl i promise to blog asap. work has been nutsville lately (nba all-star game in town and this little thing called the winter olympics that only my job seems to care about).

heartz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home