src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Completely self-centered shopping post #654.771

My eyeballs have not stopped ejaculating. This morning it happened in the other eye. I am thoroughly squicked. I have contacted the appropriate authorities and assure you I will be meeting with them tomorrow afternoon in hopes of correcting this, urm, ocular malfunction. Or at least get some little, tiny corks. Speaking of corks... Summer is just around the corner (actually, it seems to be bloody holed up in Jersey, for as long as it's taken for this confounded town to heat up and dry out, but I digress), which means, hooray for all (and by "all" I mean "me"), cork wedges are once again officially acceptable footwear. Generally, I love the look of sky-high cork platforms. Unfortunately, I have rather weak ankles, an outward tread, and an aversion to busting my ass in public, so I have, thus far, avoided wearing them. However. Today, I met these: Cute, no? Neutral colors, yet with an air of danger, thanks to that crazy reptile-esque leather. And they make me so tall! I'm actually normal height in them! Practically 5'6"! This is very exciting. And they are so comfy. The thing is, I also met these: Equally cute, arguably more versatile, infinitely less dangerouss to my ligaments and pride. I love them bofe. Bofe, I say! But two pairs of high strappy sandals is just madness. One pair should really go back to the shoe pound. I can't decide which, though. Help? I have nothing else to contribute, save perhaps the fact that one pair was a very affordable $37.50, and the other pair was...more than twice that. So there. All the cards on the table. Please to help me decide which to keep. Many thanks, Mgmt.

5 Comments:

At 5/25/2006 02:28:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I say keep them bof! The second cork heels came back in, I proceeded to buy a black, brown and light brown pair. Cork heels all around!

 
At 5/25/2006 02:49:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

Naw. Keep the black ones. Them are hawt! and don't you have a light tanish high corked heel pair that I once saw you wear to a ridiculous, formal, J-school dance-y event. Nearly killed your damn self in them, so you did. Just wear those when you feel like being tall and killing yo'sef.

Damn fine lookin' feet and pedi, m'dear! Love them toeses. . . .

All of a sudden I miss you and Boston. In that order. WAH!

 
At 5/25/2006 03:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that second pair is HOTT with a capital OTT. It's so hott the h done fell off.

 
At 5/25/2006 04:42:00 PM, Blogger Nerd Girl said...

Minority rules! The first pair gets my vote - too cute!

 
At 5/25/2006 09:26:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Oh my Jee-Bus, it's a tie! What does that mean? Must I send them bofe back? Keep them bofe? WHAT, WHAT DO I DO?!?!

*wailing and gnashing of teeth*

You know what this means, don't you? Sudden death. The shoes that match the most handbags wins...You may think black would be the natural choice. But you haven't seen my HANDBAGS! MUAHAHAHA-

oh wait, was that an inappropriate Muahaha? Hm. Overkill. Oh well. Bygones.

Mary: You wear cork wedges, too? Aren't you already like, 5'17"? See, it's wimmin like you who make it hard for the rest of us. LOL, KIDDING! I'm sure you look like 11 kinds of hotness in them!

M: Me too! We really should do a girls weekend there. That's one of many cities we need to do some reclaimin' in! (I am so shocked I didn't fall off that booze cruise boat. I believe that was the first time I wore the tall cork strappies in question...while sloshed...on a boat. Wow. Anyhoosers, those shoes are three steps from dead. I still got 'em, and they're still hot, but they have oddly become too big. Hm.

Sov: Heh, so hott the h fell off. Hehehehe! They are go-everywhere's, ain't they? Dang.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home