src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, December 10, 2004

Confession

I am an abuser. A corneal abuser. I just had an eye exam (first time in about 4 years) and was told that my eyes show signs of contact lens abuse. Apparently, my corneas are swollen and I have extra blood vessels or capillaries growing into my eyes to provide them with the oxygen they are deprived of while I'm wearing contacts. Eeeeeeeeeeeew. I, of course, was instantly reformed and am now, ahem... *runs to bathroom to remove contacts and put on glasses* ...and am now going to only wear my contacts when out and about in public. And when I get my snazzy new glasses, I'll wear those sometimes, too, but I'm not about to claim I'll wear them out too often, since, frankly, whenever I do, I'll be the unfortunate subject of both versions of the "Boys don't make passes..." saying, at the same time. Anyway. Learn from me children. If your eye doctor tells you to change your contacts every four weeks, do not ignore her and go four months. And really, only wear them a few hours at a time. End health advisory.

5 Comments:

At 12/11/2004 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

Chile...*shaking head* I received the EXACT SAME diagnosis when I was in college. I would go for MONTHS without changing my contacts, or even taking them out. I would sleep in them and everything. Woops. I've gotten better now..every now and then I do fall asleep in them, but I don't make that a habit anymore.

 
At 12/11/2004 11:00:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

ditto! last summer, my doc told me the same thing. i haven't worn contacts since then, but mainly cos i haven't been to the doctor for my yearly checkup. keep ya head up girl! :)

 
At 12/12/2004 06:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eyeglasses are hot sriracha! become the sexy librarian you were
born to be. and cop a pair of black frames too, for that emo look.

-professor negromatic

 
At 12/13/2004 04:41:00 PM, Blogger Kay said...

My mom is an eye doctor and can't stand contacts. I wear glasses because I can't imagine actually touching my eyeball, but a lot of boys tell me they are sexy. Then again...I haven't had a date in 6 months.

 
At 12/15/2004 03:08:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I had the same thing told to me a few years ago and it shaped me right up. I wear my hair back a lot, especially at work - and I can't bring myself to have my hair up AND wear my glasses. I feel like I'm supposed to be the "sexy secretary" and whip off my glasses, undo my hair. Rawr.

Can't do it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home