src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, March 27, 2005

I just saw The Passion of the Christ

A few things: 1. Why did they make Jim Caviezel's eyes that freaky digitally altered brown rather than giving him brown contacts like they did for Madonna in Evita? I was weirded out by his occasionally orange eyes. And was it just me, or did they give him a prosthetic nose tip? 2. Rather than getting that eyebrowless lady to play Satan, couldn't they have gotten Jonathan Rhys Myers? He's equally androgynous, and unless he's the guy in that upcoming network Elvis movie, I think he might have been free. 3. I am declaring a moratorium on gratuitous use of the name of Jesus Christ, in all permutations, no matter how amusingly creative they are when they come to mind, for as long as possible, which would be, until I forget I've declared said moratorium. 4. What does Mel Gibson have against little people? That is all. Happy Easter, if you celebrate it! And if you don't well, there are still the post-holiday chocolate sales to look forward to. Come Monday, you'll be in the brown! Er.

3 Comments:

At 3/28/2005 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

YOU ARE BETTER THAN ME. I heard of all the graphic content and freaked out. I don't think I can take it. I'm a punk that way.

 
At 3/28/2005 11:49:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

My friend Patrick (a devout Catholic) refers to The Passion as "Jesus Gets His Ass Kicked." I know I don't have the stomach to get through that movie. I'm selectively squeamish, I guess.

 
At 3/28/2005 01:51:00 PM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said...

Yeah, Jesus does get the brakes beat off of him in that movie. Happy Belated Easter..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home