src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, April 30, 2005

All kinds of stupid.

Until rather recently, I was under the impression that I am a relatively well-balanced person. Lately, however, I can't figure out where I end and the shitstorm around me begins. And what's worse is, I can't tell whether or not I'm imagining the shitstorm. Eh. Which is to say, if you haven't noticed, I am slightly miserable most of the time. Usually I am good at covering it with the funny, but the funny is running out. Goddamn is it running out. So. Urm. My point would be... Pardon any extended periods of grump and asshatery, as a slow-moving shittibitch storm-front is moving in from the south, and is likely to settle over the area for the next few weeks. Dumping shittibitchiness all over this blog, undoubtedly.

*******
I recently (today) visited an old alumni website and discovered that, for some GODFORSAKEN reason (like, I thought at the time I might write something coherent, relevant, interesting, or of worth in this bitch, um, ever?), when I set up my account there I included this blog as my homepage, with my real name, and so some people might have reasonably concluded, upon seeing that link, that I might want people I know to read this here little bloo-bloggy-blig-blahg. Shit. Funny thing is, haha, just the other day I was extolling the virtues of said site to a coworker, ha. Haha. Ha. Shit. *SMH on concrete* Jeebus. All kinds of stupid. All. Kinds. So, in essence, I think I have to issue a partial retraction of my initial "Keep that shit to yourself" post, to anyone who may have found this here little bloo-bloggy-blig-blahg through a certain fancypants college alum association networking site represented by a certain equilateral geometric figure for which the, er, interior angles equal 360 degrees. Shut it. Nine years since I've had a math class, holy hell, I think 11 or 12 since geometry, so I'm actually pretty proud of tha--no, actually I'm not. I'm fucking ashamed, and cannot believe how little I now remember of something so simple. No wait, geek that I am I just looked it up, and I was actually correct in the way I described it, interior angles and all. Woot! I had a point. Ah, yes. Should you fit the above description, I officially beg you, on cyber hands-and-knees, to let me know, and then stop reading, promptly, please. Wait, no. Don't tell me. That would be the fifth awkwardest moment of my life. No wait, tell me. Okaydon't. Maybe slide an anonymous note under my door?
******
Aunt Flo is in town, and as usual, she has officially fucked me up. I just want to curl into a little foetal ball and read my new book and maybe later fall asleep, weeping. Tomorrow I will rise prepared for another day. Which will very likely end with weeping.
Hmph.
Anybody wanna see some Basquiat with an emotionally shattered weirdypants? Best way to see some Basquiat! No? I can't imagine why not.
Hmph.
And to the NYC crew--are we bowling Saturday afternoon? If so, I vote Bowlmor! If not, um, well, I'm going to see Hitchhiker! Or Oldboy. If I can fucking find it. You like how I've totally ignored Tribeca, right?
Hmph. All kinds of stupid.

7 Comments:

At 4/30/2005 03:41:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

I want to go see Basquiat! Pick me pick me!

I hope your shit storm passes quickly. I know all about those so I won't say anymore.

Luv ya, Sid!

 
At 4/30/2005 04:39:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

I'm sending you this picture with the hopes that it will help cheer you up. I'm also sending a beer and an umbrella to shield you a bit from the shitstorm. Hang in there girl.

 
At 4/30/2005 11:53:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Take care of yourself, Sid. Even the worst of shitstorms pass, believe me.

Make yourself some good food and drink kick back.

 
At 4/30/2005 12:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw pussycat you ain't no kind of stoopid. Ever.

Please be kind with yourself. Shield yourself from the shitstorm with the knowledge that you are:

a) Luminous and luminosity repels shit;
b) totally lovable and loved unconditionally;
c) implicitly worthy of respect because of WHO you are.

Okay. I won't go any further into the Zen, New Age or therapizing tricks in my bag, but I will pull out the Carly Simon and the magic crystals if need be.

Have yourself a little fun, wudja?

 
At 5/01/2005 04:26:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh girl we all go through these cacka times too, but all will be well again soon! Things will be lookin up...:) *xoxo*

 
At 5/01/2005 07:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sweetie! I'm sowwwyyy! You shoulda said that when ya called me! i woulda jumped outta bed and went to cheer ya up!

booooooo! on Will who NEVER called me! did he call you?

We WILL i repeat WILL make it out to bowl and eat SOON! REALLY REALLY SOON!

 
At 5/01/2005 09:45:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Not stooopid at all. Take it easy, and call on that bell hop from a few posts ago.

Damn aunty Flo to hell.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home