src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Crisis Averted

This afternoon, at 3:45, during my post-workout cooldown walk, disaster struck: Baby froze. FROZE I SAY! She wouldn't respond to anything. No amount of hold switch toggling or play/pause and menu button holding would get her to respond to me. I was horrified. She just kept looking at me, with her little frozen screen that said 3:45, maroon 5, shiver, 0:00 -2:59, >. I panicked, but only a little. I bought the AppleCare extendaplan, after all, just in case this sort of thing happened, because with my luck, this sort of thing would happen just after the 90 days is up, which it did (I think I'm actually at 123 days). I called those AppleCare support folks, and they were totally not bitches. My support dude, who sounded eerily like my ex-boyfriend, told me to toggle the hold switch and then hold down the menu and center buttons. It worked! Baby is now okay, crisis averted! Thanks, Apple support dude! This shit better not happen again, though. I don't know if my nerves can take it.

2 Comments:

At 5/07/2005 10:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luckily, I work with my own "apple support dude." The same thing happened to me and I almost blew out a high heel racing to his cube.

"Oh yeah..." touch, touch, hold. "Here you go."

I almost wanted to cry, I was so happy. Not only because my Pod was fixed, but because my apple support dude RAWKS!

And by the way, remember that little trick. It WILL happen again.

 
At 5/09/2005 08:27:00 AM, Blogger divine m said...

WHew. Thank Gawd for ya'll. Same shit happened to me this morning when I hauled my ass out for a run with the Pod. I didn't panic, kept running, then came home and fixed my little friend per your instrucciones. hooray. Back to rockin' on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home