src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Gratitude.

I can't remember now exactly why I started this blog. I think it was some combination of boredom and wanting to try my hand at unstructured writing/journaling and, frankly, megalomania. I don't recall what I expected of it. And when I started, I fully believed I would give it up within weeks, as I have done with every other journaling whim I've taken it into my head to pursue. I certainly never expected to become part of a community of clever, interesting, witty, supportive, hilarious, thoughtful, courageous, stereotype-busting women and men. I consider some of you friends, some I've met, some I plan to meet ASAP (August, huh, Mary?), some I may never meet, but I enjoy our exchanges or simply reading your thoughts just the same. I think that you've all helped me not go completely off my nut these last few months. Because this city has been working hard to make me go completely off my fucking nut. Completely. But, you know, I haven't, yet. Just wanted to say thanks. So, um, "Thanks!" :D

3 Comments:

At 5/13/2005 12:27:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

*wave* Nice to see we all could help. Or if we didn't at least we entertained you a bit.

 
At 5/13/2005 03:15:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Awww *wipes tear* That is so sweet - I'm glad we "met", Sid. You are one of my favorite bloggers ever. Thanks for being you!

NYC or bust!

 
At 5/13/2005 10:45:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

No, thank YOU for being so damned funny and insightful! I always look forward to checking your blog each day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home