src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

*Eyes screwed shut tight, wishing hard*

Pleaseohpleaseohplease let me cross the 10,000 line today. I can't take the suspense! It's killing me! When will I officially cross the line? Er, uh, Kimora Simmons pregnant belly naked! Uh, MILF! Uh, uh, Mansquito! Okay, I refuse to debase my blog any further with such traffic-grabbing search terms. Also, some apparent news-producer type is emailing bloggers asking if they want to talk about bloggers getting fired or reprimanded for blogging. I'd like to chat with him but...duh, I don't want to get fired. Yeesh. I mean, I don't know how my employers and some of my coworkers would react if they read this thing. Actually, I think it'd be pretty damned funny, right up until I was handed my walking papers. Then I'd be hitting producer-man up for a job. Also, I have that writerly suspiciousness (it's a word now) about such things. Anything I've even remotely considered pitching anywhere at any time gets my hackles up. I have a ton of good ideas I never follow-up with actual pitches. Which gives me no right to be jealous when somebody else actually puts in the legwork and turns it into something, but it does mean I can turn down offers to be interviewed for the story! Meh. I am so professionally lazy. Was so professionally lazy. Was. Now I'm suddenly a-burnin' to get my shit back on track. A-burnin'. Howard Stern's girlfriend June cover of FHM Really not so hot. Look, it was laying around, and I have been slacking on the haikus, and I'm short on time, okay? Yeesh.

2 Comments:

At 6/21/2005 07:43:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Apparently getting fired for blogging is all the rage now.

 
At 6/22/2005 12:18:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

WOOT! Congrats on hitting 10K!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home