src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, June 13, 2005

I'm thinking happy thoughts in my safe place.

I'm back. Nothin' like a vacation to make you all weepy and raw and pensive about your real life. But let's not talk about me and Manhattan. Not yet. These are some happy things I've come home to and/or with: Sugar Shoes flip flaps. These things are so cute and comfy that, even though I wore out the pair I bought on the Mag Mile, Friday, within roughly 36 hours of Bluesfestery, I bought two more pairs to bring home with me to wear around town. Like walking on clouds, or marshmallows, or babies asses. Or something else perfectly soft and squishy. VC Orange Label over passion fruit Italian ice. There are no words for how delicious this is. Fat free, decadent and buzztronic! Believe me, it will diffuse almost any bitchtastic sentiment you may be feeling at the time. This face! I've figured it out. It's in the eyebrows. I'm a sucker for a man with bushy brows and an expressive face. I do kinda dig balding, though. I still haven't worked out the why of that. Tomorrow afternoon, I'll go SOSBNC-post crazy, but for now, know this: I lurve Chicago. Uber thanks to Keidra, Viv, Shas and Carlos, TDMM, Woog and Oog for helping me have such a wunnerful few days in the Windy City! And memories of the W City Center (172 W Adams, Chicago). I heart the W like a muhfuggah. I'm moving into that place. Seriously. I love swank hotels. Happy Monday!

4 Comments:

At 6/13/2005 09:45:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

It was great to meet you, Sid! I had a lot of fun, and I really needed to this weekend. I hope Viv and I didn't act too obnoxious for ya.

(And thanks for the mix CD's, I'll be listening to them at work today.)

 
At 6/13/2005 09:56:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

I'm glad that you got home safe and it was great meeting you. Hopefully the good memories will help you through the tougher times ahead.

And I have to say thanks for introducing me to the W. Now I need to become a RAWK! star to stay there.

 
At 6/13/2005 10:04:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Oh yes, and please come again soon. (Perhaps to stay! You have many friends in Chicago!)

 
At 6/13/2005 07:18:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Thanks Keidra and Viv! I'll be back...and rested! Bwahahaha!

X--you ain't gettin' my chicago shirt, yahearme? You'll have to pry it from my cold, dead grasp. Or you can get one of your own at the Souvenirs Too! shop off Michigan and Adams, near Grant Park, when y'all go to chicago, lol. have your write hand pick one up if you ain't goin'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home