src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Bah, Monday was my last day of vacation. This displeases me. You know those people who say they just wouldn't know what to do with themselves if they didn't work, that they'd keep working even if they came into money? I'm not one of them. I could probably be good at being idle rich for a good five years before I got bored and found some ambition. Seriously. For instance, my mission today? Get my teeth cleaned, Target, clean apartment. Three things. I finished around 9 PM. I took a nap between the teeth and the Target. I feel no shame at this, whatsoever. Despite the fact that I went to Target for cleaning supplies for my apartment scrub-fest, I managed to pick up an eye cream from the new Boots Botanics line. I have yet to try it, but it was reasonably priced and came in fancy Origins-esque* packaging. It's funny, because the Boots section even had its own little makeup counter and rep. Nevermind that Boots is the UK equivalent of Rite Aid. It's an import to us, bitches, and imports is high class! I mean, if Rimmel and Garnier can jump the pond, why not Boots? Damn, I miss the yew-kay. I also spent a lot of money at Target, but I feel totally justified in doing so because I was re-stocking essentials like Swiffer refills, mouthwash and tampons. Plus, I found almost $30 in spare change when I cleaned my apartment. Thirty bucks! Of money I just bleeding put down and forgot about! That's like getting a third off my Target purchase! Okay, not really. But you get the idea. I can't believe I've been letting that much money just gather dust on my coffee tables. Meh. I am getting old. I'da been spent that in grad school. Sheeeeit, a pitcher of PBR (okay, this was in Boston, well before I fully realized the extent of the evil hipster empire, so don't go waggin' fingers) in the right bar'll only set you back $7. Dang. Now I'll be using that money for coffee. Or something. *Random-as-hell point: I had the biggest crush on the graduate fellow in my residential college. He was wire-rims and button-downs sexy. His last name was Levesque. The -esque reminded me. That is all.

7 Comments:

At 8/30/2005 04:23:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Since a lot of drinks are something-50 at work (3.50, 5.50), most people give me their quarters. I never turn them in at the end of the night for cash and just keep them. Girl you know in 4 nights of work I'll have over $35. Coins are money, too!
I haven't been to Target in forever but I'm laughing about the Boots rep.

 
At 8/30/2005 06:35:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

Oh I love your target shopping. Maybe we should have a target shop off one day - set a budget and see what we come out with. Like an international shop off. Yeah!

I have recently found out that Nutella is like a big import thing in the States. I find that sooo hilarious seeing as over 'ere we were kinda raised on that stuff, along with vegemite etc. I read somewhere "keep nutella next to the coffee beans and people 'll think your european" LOL

Likewise, we are big on twinkies and oreos over here, because, well they are imported!

 
At 8/30/2005 09:40:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SID!!!!!!!!!! I REPLIED TO YOUR COMMENT ON THE NYCMEETUP SITE BUT I NEED YOU TO NOT I REPEAT NOT REPLY TO THAT ADDY...SEND IT TO MY ADDY. GOT IT?

 
At 8/30/2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger divine m said...

WHAT? We have Boots over here? And what was that you said--Boots is the equivalent of Rite-Aid? Surely not. Boots is always a highlight of my visits across the pond--their primrose line of lovely potions to spread on your body is one of my favorite things.

As far as I'm concerned, Boots stands alone in the world of primpery. No comparisons necessary.

I gotta get myself to Target!

 
At 8/30/2005 12:50:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

Oh, and in defense of people who say they would continue to work in the face of a kajillion dollars dropped on their laps . . .

could it be we are actually doing what we want to be doing?

And when you get a day to do what you'd really like to be doing you think, yay! wish I could do this all the time. . . . ?

Not that I wouldn't amend some of my responsibilities if I had an arseload of dough!

 
At 8/30/2005 07:24:00 PM, Blogger Dayna said...

On my way to work this morning I was thinking how I wasn't one of those people who would keep working if I were rich. I would find plenty to do. Got no problems with not working at all.

 
At 8/30/2005 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Rell said...

i'm serious, i'd NEVER work if i was rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home