src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, November 17, 2005

My hair is assed up.

I haven't had a trim since October of last year. I haven't had it touched up since June of last year (I am abandoning the relaxer, as a concept, you see, since it doesn't seem to make much difference anywhere but in my wallet). Next Tuesday, I will be returning to Turning Heads for a little corrective maintenance. A trim and blowout, you know. (Turning Heads... the place I went for my birthday back in February, which was the last time I've seen the inside of a salon, BTW. I kept meaning to go back, because they were fabulous, and I damn sure need a facial from Tracey, their skin guru.) Anyway, I need to get my naps taken care of at some point, and the day before the San Fran trip seems like a great time to me. Now, last time I was there, I got the stylist from God, Dekar. I loveded him, he was so nice, and he did a mean blowout. I was supposed to go grab dinner and dranks with him at some point, but things just kept popping up and I never did. I feel like a shit about this. Should I bring him flowers or summink? I mean, it has been a long-ass time, so he might not even remember who I am, but still, it was all my bad. Advice? I want him to be my stylist forevers! Okay, obviously with me that means once a year, but still. What is "make-up to your stylist" protocol? Eh? Help!

6 Comments:

At 11/17/2005 02:03:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you found a stylist you like, plan to pucker up and apply kisses! It's better to be more sure of being in his good graces than wondering if you shoulda done something to bridge the gap.

 
At 11/17/2005 03:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LMAO... you're so adorable... umm... and where in the deuce have you been???

Anyhoo... tip him extra well when you go, and whine about how you were trying to do your hair yourself, but realized that nothing compared to him, like a Family song. LOL they really don't give a shit about anything else.

 
At 11/17/2005 08:52:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

a bottle of wine might help too! or better yet, make an invitation and personally hand it to him for drinks, dinner, whatever, all the while batting lashes and apologizing profusely for being an MIA client.

 
At 11/18/2005 03:11:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

bake him cookies in the shape of a hair dryer!

 
At 11/18/2005 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Fresh said...

Wow, my friend had such a negative experience with them that she stopped going for a while. Not that they don't do good hair mind you. The manager felt so bad about their fall out that she apologized profusely and gave her discounts on her next visit. I also heard that Tracey is great.

 
At 11/19/2005 03:18:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm with saffron on this one. the hair dryer cookie would be hilarious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home