src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Roundup.

1. Angus just might be okay. Yours truly took him back to J+R and stood by stupidly as the cellular sales guy opened Angus up and correctly locked my SIM into place. I had totally failed to do so. 2. Neil Gaiman's talk was great. It's wonderful when an author is even more interesting and witty in person than you'd imagined. And he stuck around for nearly two hours afterward for signing. I am now the proud owner of a signed copy of Anansi Boys. Neil Gaiman wrote my name. Woot. 3. My 28th birthday in T minus...25 days. Lordy, 27 went by way too fast. Last year I stayed home, did my birthday alone and spent a bunch of money on myself (like I don't do that all the time.) This year, I'll be celebrating in Chicago, at the four-star Hard Rock Hotel. I got five nights plus air for a hundred less than I spent on my last Chicago trip, and that was only three nights. Bwahahahaha! I am a travel-planning genius! You know, or the rooms are just harder to fill out there in the dead of winter. Whatever! Chicago, here I come! Again.

7 Comments:

At 1/10/2006 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Delia Christina said...

the rooms *are* harder to fill after the holidays. between now and memorial day, the city is yours! whoo-hoo!

 
At 1/10/2006 12:26:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Actually, between now and the first of May they're yours--it seems this city is booked fairly solid in May and June!

Oh sooooo jealous of your signed book. Jealous enough to almost cry...almost. Must see if Neil is coming to Chicago.

 
At 1/10/2006 02:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that your phone has a name.

Mine has one too, but it's not as cool. Mine is "piece of shit."

 
At 1/10/2006 10:48:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

WOOO! Hopefully my schedule will let us get together for some drunkeration.

 
At 1/11/2006 12:59:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Sov: Funny, my last phone had the same name! Was yours a motorola v300, too?

Viv--I'm hoping so! I'll drop some details your way later this month when I've got more things sorted out. I'm hoping to see lots of y'all Chicago folx!

 
At 1/11/2006 02:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sov: LOL. the p.o.s. thing made my day.

sid: yay! hope i get a chance at some drunkeration with you too!

hmmm....drunkeration...i like the sound of that. i like that a LOT.

 
At 1/11/2006 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Shas: count on it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home