src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Death by Sexy, New Year's edition, AKA International Beefcake of the week: Welcome, Angus!

I brought Angus home! I couldn't wait anymore. I went back to J+R and picked him up this morning, right after my session with my shrink :-D He is very handsome. Beefy, but graceful and sleek. I have decided he is a Scot, despite the fact that Chinese is quite clearly his first language. We're still working that out. Good thing I started my undergraduate career as an East Asian Studies major. I've got a year-and-a-half of intensive Mandarin instruction under my belt! If he says "The mountain is big," or "This is Miss Yu's older sister," we are so good. Okay, lies, I've forgotten everything. But I've still got my textbooks! When I got him home, I introduced him to Baby right away. I know you're supposed to gradually introduce new members of a household so the old ones don't feel threatened, but I just couldn't wait. Besides, Baby knows how much she means to me, and no one can ever replace her (not 'til she dies, anyway). And it worked out fine! Look at how well they are getting along already! See? I knew they'd like each oth-- OH MY GOD! WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!?! CUT THAT OUT! BAD SMARTPHONE! BAD! BAD! Geez. I guess I should have kept them apart for a bit. Then again, look at how happy they are now. Happy sleepy shiny toys. Shhhhhhhhh. You'll wake them. Happy Thursday!

13 Comments:

At 1/05/2006 02:52:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

Welcome to the 68xx family Sid! You are crazy! I'd hate to see what you'd do with dolls.

How did you come up with the name "Angus N. Coxworthy"?

 
At 1/05/2006 03:04:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

girl, that is hilarious. love it.

 
At 1/05/2006 03:57:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

OMGGGGG that is the funniest shit I've seen all day. LOL Glad you finally got Angy, Sid.

 
At 1/05/2006 05:30:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

Aw! I'm a sucker for romance!

 
At 1/05/2006 09:40:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. LOVE the pictures. So funny.

 
At 1/06/2006 02:57:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

lmao!

oh my goodness. didn't know gadgets could get so fresh! but with a name like angus coxworthy, i guess you have no choice. hee.

 
At 1/06/2006 09:19:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

their song should be "computer love."

sid, you are crazy. i've missed ya.

 
At 1/06/2006 10:28:00 AM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Am I the only one who's upset that electronics are gettin' more action than ME?

congrats on the new adoption!

 
At 1/06/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Now Sid (in the City)...I don't know you...so please don't take offense...

...but you have no damn sense! LOL

Happy New Year!

 
At 1/06/2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

I have one question: If adopted kids do it together, is it incest? Because if it is, you need to be breakin' out the banjoes at your place.

 
At 1/07/2006 08:26:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!! I *LOVE* the pictures. :)

 
At 1/07/2006 12:27:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

BG: Angus N. Coxworthy just seemed right. Angus means superior or first choice, you see. The N stands for nothing at all, though it is the first letter of my name. Coxworthy, I'd like the record to show, is a real last name.


I know, I really don't have a drop of sense left in my once formidable mind. Eh. What can I do? Sometimes I cannot believe anyone else reads this blogthing o'mine. Really. I'm nuts. But thanks for stopping by! Hee!

Viv: Excellent point. I tend to think of them sometimes as children, sometimes as pets. Adopted pets can totally get it on. Did I mention he's also an MP3 player? So he and Baby could actually play DUELING BANJOS! BWAHAHAHA!

 
At 1/10/2006 10:17:00 AM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

Too funny. N is the first letter of my name too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home