src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Resolution #1

Get Happy. Not in the "stomping in the aisles of St. Paul AME" way but, you know, the "thrilled with career, home, health and relationships" way. Happy. See, broad resolutions like this cover all the crap I'd want to change while allowing me to feel as though I'm not making a million resolutions I'll forget by the end of next week. Or whatever. Career changes will take work. Ba-dum-bum. Eh, okay, not so funny. Anyway, I'm on it. Health. Mine, you see, has started to go to shit for the first time in at least five years. That whole high BP thing is a huge pain in the ass. And quite a shock, considering it comes at a time when I thought I was doing alright, health-wise, what with that gymming five-days-per-week thing. Sooooooo, I guess the venti iced black eyes are out for good. Actually, I think I may have to go off coffee almost entirely for a bit. *weeping* Ah yes, I may also have to revert to meatlessness. Or perhaps just beef-and-porklessness. And generally eat better. I'm actually having salad with breakfast now. Hell, I'm actually having breakfast. We'll see how long either of those things last. Baby steps. Now that I've joined a gym closer to home, I'm back to near-daily attendance. When my old gym closed and I had to start trekking to the other location, 20 blocks away, my visits fell to twice per week. I've already hit Crunch four times in the last six days. Oh, and on one of those days I had a complimentary training session with one of their trainers, a wonderfully adorable baby-faced Haitian who kicked my ass all over the gym. But it was okay, becuase he did all his counting in French. Er. (Speaking of things closing with no warning, why did I go to my local Hollywood Video last night and find a bunch of "Sorry, bitches, we've shut down for good, leave your videos in the drop-box" signs taped in the window? That's two local video stores in a year. Damnit. I was really looking forward to renting Dracula 2000 last night. Shush. Gerry Butler, Omar Epps and Jonny Lee Miller.) This lemon yogurt is tasty! Sorry. Non sequitur. Here's another: Munich was good. One more: tomorrow, at last, he will be mine! I'm still trying to come up with a name though. Udo? Scotty? Byron? Trip? Nassif? Fionn? Help. Oh hell, gotta go.

3 Comments:

At 1/03/2006 03:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Resoulutions look good and I'm sure you'll have no problem resolving them. Did that make sense?

Anywho, how good was Munich?

 
At 1/03/2006 07:20:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Please don't name that precious piece of technology Byron, its the ex-husband's name. If you insist upon it, you can always call it Bymoron when it acts up, like I do him. Happy New Year Sid!

 
At 1/04/2006 01:02:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

Hey! That happened to the Hollywood Video around my mom's house. I thought it was connected to the Mob.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home