src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Saturday, February 25, 2006

You know you are horribly, savagely prementsrually affected when...

You find yourself crying over the tragic circumstances of The Eye 2. The Eye 2, starring Shu Qi, of Transporter fame. "He was a bastard, but he was my father," Shu Qi. Almost worse than crying over a commercial or a Hallmark card, it is. It really is sad though. 'Cause see, Shu Qi tries to commit suicide over a broken relationship and fails, but then she starts seeing dead people, right. And then she finds out she's preggers. And then she finds out that all the pregnant ladies in the world have dead people following them around waiting to be reincarnated in the babies. And then she founds out the dead person following her around is her ex-boyfriend's (and baby-daddy's 's) wife! Because see, he was married! And his wife commited suicide because he was having an affair with Shu Qi! And now she's coming back as their bastard love-child! But also, see, even though Shu Qi's spiritual bodhi guy tells her all this death and reincarnation stuff is natural, she just can't accept it and move on, no. She has to try to stop the dead people from climbing into the pregnant ladies wombs! And when that fails, she's all, "I am so not having my bastard ex-boyfriend's wife climbing up into my piece." So she decides to kill herself. And dude, she tries really hard. She jumps off a building--twice, damnit, twice; actually hauls her broken, bloody ass back up several flights of hospital stairs to try again when she fails the first time--before her dead lady is all, "Bitch, cut that shit out. I'd really rather not wander around anymore being pissed at you and my bitch-ass husband. And being dead, you know. That shit blows." And then somebody at the hosiptal finally realizes a pregnant looney is missing and, I dunno, follows the trail of blood and bone shards? And they scrape Shu Qi off the sidewalk and deliver the baby. The thing that kills me is that at end of the movie, crazy Shu Qi--threw-herself-off-a-building-twice-to-bring-her-pregnant-suicide-attempt-grand-total-up-to-three Shu Qi, "I-see-dead-people" Shu Qi--gets to keep the baby. That's just some bullshit right there. Um. You see now why I have to watch movies alone? Anyway, the movie wasn't all that bad. Today's my day off. I think I'm going to see NightWatch.

2 Comments:

At 2/26/2006 09:04:00 AM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

I really liked The Eye-thought it was quite interesting and masterfully filmed...but this one...this one sounds--horrible?

I was crying about a show on The Food Network yesterday. I think that is an all time low (or high) on the cry-o-meter.

 
At 2/26/2006 09:41:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! do tell on nightwatch. v. curious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home