src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dearest beloved summer:

I need you. I need you like a supermodel needs a Marlboro dipped in meth. I need you like, like, um, like a, um, hmm. Like an office manager needs a Staples catalog! Okay, my love and longing isn't yet deep enough for me to wax poetic about it, clearly, but would you please hurry the hell up already? I'm so prepared. Shoes? Check. Depilation? Check. Sunscreen, summer fragrance, summer hair? Checkcheckcheck. So come on, show us what you've got. Sigh. I just had the tastiest blackberries. Cheap, fresh, succulent blackberries have lately won my favor. I eat them alone, with yogurt, with other fruit, alone. Oops, mentioned that already, didn't I? I had some early watermelon, too. Tasty, but from a container in the fruit aisle, not from a giant wedge of sandia-liciousness. When I'm hauling one of those suckers home from Fairway on a semi-daily basis, then, then my preciouseseses, will it be summer. And totally off topic, but whocaresitsmyblog: Coinstar? The bizomb dizziggy. I just gathered up all the coins that have been collecting dust and crap around my apartment, on tables, in purses, on the floor...all of it, and hauled it to a Coinstar machine. $46.31. That's how much money I've just left lying around. Almost fifty dagblit dollars. Oh! But do you know what is best about Coinstar? You can convert your change DIRECTLY into throwaway cash! In the form of iTunes eCertificates or Amazon cash. Or Virgin cash, but seriously, who the hell shops there? Thriving chain of megastores notwithstanding. So now I have iTunes money! I can get four albums and not touch my credit card! Yay! See, here you are thinking, "Or, heffa, you could have just converted it directly into cash and saved that money." But you know, if I had done that, I would have had to pay a fee, It's almost $0.09 per dollar counted that way. That would have cost me...about $4.17. So you see, I am saving money! Yeppers. Um. Okaythen, thanks for stopping by. Let's chat again soon, shall we?

12 Comments:

At 4/27/2006 02:11:00 PM, Blogger Shasta MacNasty said...

I LOVE the summer hair. :) Why isn't it winter hair also?

 
At 4/27/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

actually, most of the time, it is, thanks to the gymmery. but it actually involves more regular styling stress (washing, combing) than a blowout, because i only do those once per week. If the air is dry enough to prevent frizz, which it tends to be in winter. Besides, occasionally, the blowout is just the hotness. I'm not gon' lie.

 
At 4/27/2006 03:18:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

Love the hair! I wish my curls were as loose. I just stocked up on Incanto Dreams for the summer. Does the EP1000 really work? Does it hurt like all hell?

 
At 4/27/2006 04:32:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

Your hair looks fucking fabulous. But then again, it always does. But why do you have that scary, zombie look on your face? Are you stunned by your own beauty?

I just ordered me one of those depila-thingamajigs thanks to your amazon link. You've been trying to get me to use one of those for years, so I'm investing in one in lieu of a bikini wax. I'll let you know how it goes!

 
At 4/27/2006 10:01:00 PM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

I ordered it too from Amazon. The price was on point. I've been through plucking and waxing so the pain should be bearable. Thanks Sid :-)

 
At 4/27/2006 10:11:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Oh yes, the pain is bearable. The first few times are squirmy tense, but soon you won't even notice it. I've been using one on legs and pits and bikini for years. As long as you don't let yourself go for months at a time, it's great. You pretty much only have to do legs once a week, or less, after a while!

I heart my fuzzbuster.

 
At 4/28/2006 01:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hair! Blackberries and bluberries are the best summer fruits to me! Now I am off to purchase that fuzzbuster! Thanx a bunch of berries!

 
At 4/29/2006 02:33:00 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae said...

I did my change last week and it was $82! And that was only 2 or 3 months worth of change. Imagine if I saved it up and cashed it in once a year - I could go somewhere where it is summer!

 
At 4/30/2006 07:06:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

I MISS SUMMER, TOO!!! :(

By the way, Commece Bank has this coin-counting-machine-thing. I *love* it. You even get a prize if you guess how much your total will be. It rocks!

 
At 4/30/2006 10:58:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE the summer hair.

 
At 5/05/2006 11:20:00 PM, Blogger Anonymously, Me. said...

hilarious...I can't wait for summer either, and you've got me thinking about that sweet sweet summer fruit!

 
At 5/08/2006 11:34:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to know about savign the fee on the coinstar. I don't there there is a fee for using the machines at Commerce though...that is if they are working. BTW, I need to come to your house and dig throught the sofa cushions.
-Berry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home