src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, April 07, 2006

Whoops, looks like I accidentally put on my "Hot Black P*ssy!" perfume again!

What. The. Fuck? There is an inappropriate woodwork out there with my name on it, and the manlings are just rushing out. First the boy. Then the hairstylist. Now the kinda sexy-but-most-definitely-married grandfather. Oh, you read it right. Not to mention the random catcalls I've gotten today. I don't know where all that came from. Seriously. Out of trucks, on the street from vendors, dudes just chillin' on street corners (actually, I think that guy thought I was a hooker. God knows why, I was wearing perfectly normal attire. But if you try to get my attention with a surreptitious "Psst! Psssst! Pssssssssst!" I'll assume you are up to no good, and think I am, too. And can I just say that, being a black woman and as such having been mistaken for a hooker for no good goddamn reason in the past, nothing is more insulting than being taken as such by a dirty old mofo who couldn't even afford to smell you in the first place if you were a hooker. But, I digress.) And then there was the "Hey, you're like a Philippino diva!" dude. I have no fucking clue what that was supposed to mean, or why he said it. Okay, that wasn't a catcall. It was just weird. Sigh. Great, heaving, exasperated sigh.

12 Comments:

At 4/07/2006 10:50:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

What the hell is with men and the "psst" come-on? I've also never been the target of catcalls or being hit on. I think it's because I give off the aura of "Don't talk to me. Ever. Not interested."

This admittedly gives me interesting insight into watching the come-ons of men. The hell? "Psst?" That's the best you can do? It reeks of not being confident enough to say Hello and possibly getting shot down.

It's like "Oh, she's fine, but I don't know if she'll like me or not, so I'll say 'psst' and if she hears me, she hears me. If not, it's not like she heard me so it won't hurt my ego."

/rant off

 
At 4/07/2006 12:40:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

My response to "psst" is "Do I look like a puppy?" Not that I've ever used "psst" to get a puppy to come to me, I just like how it sounds.

My favorite stupid come-on is "baby, lemme ask you a question." If you have to ask to ask me a question ... just shut the fuck up.

Or how about "You got any kids?"" Sexy!

 
At 4/07/2006 01:46:00 PM, Blogger Viv said...

Speaking as a dog person, you don't want "psst." You need something high pitched that will catch their attention. Running away also helps because they'll start to chase you.

Wait. Why does that sound like men? KIDDING!

 
At 4/07/2006 03:20:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

viv--ahahahahahaaa! kidding or not, it's lately proven oddly true. hm.

 
At 4/07/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

Well, I've certainly been sighted/cited/sited as worse than "Phillippino Diva"--I think I'd take it if I were you.

This phenomenon is for two reasons as I see them:

1. You are a hot, sexy mama.
2. It is spring. Peoples is horny.

Now, how to attract the right kind of attention from the right kind of person is well beyond me. You know this.

So good like fighting off those bitches!

 
At 4/07/2006 03:23:00 PM, Blogger divine m said...

I meant good luck! What the hell kind of Freudian slip was that?

 
At 4/07/2006 03:29:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Divine at least you didn't freudian slip with good fuck! that would've really be funny.

Sid--it's is spring...spring=mating season! And of coure you're just hot, face it (i can tell these things from merely reading blogs, yes I can).

 
At 4/07/2006 03:43:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Oh, you are all right! It is spring! I'd forgotten, what with that snow the other day and all. Okay, I am less skeeved. Because I know I haven't gotten any, um, "hotter" in the last week, nahmean?

 
At 4/08/2006 12:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see all that gymage has come in handy ;-) Work it mama!

 
At 4/08/2006 12:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

keidra's been hanging around the guys I grew up with.

 
At 4/28/2006 12:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you didn't get the "Hey, sexy..." crap I recieve on the reg from horny teenage boys who don't realize I'm 30 and SO neverevergonnabe interested. Or the insipid "Yo, can I walk with you?" crap. Like it ain't 2006 and fools outta touch with the stranger danger concept. lol

 
At 4/28/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

rofl@ "outta touch with the stranger danger concept"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home