src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, April 03, 2006

So I'm back.

You may have gathered. The trip was a minor disaster. My flight to Chicago made the news, and not in a good way. I was almost two hours late to Whisky Fest. My hotel room was...substandard, relative to past accomodations. (Though the concierge was great.) Ayana fell mysteriously ill on the second day. Divine M's computer was fried and she had to have it repaired, so she couldn't come until day three. Of four. Mr. C. got stuck in Baltimore until day three, too. Even still, I had the best time. Shas and 'Yana were super hostesses/crime partners, and it was great meeting Shas' friends Contr'y G, M and her hubby T. (Rob, thanks for putting in an all-too-brief appearance, as well. Next time, partner. Next time you betta hang. And stop comparing me to Thulsa Doom. Or don't. It's all good.) It was so good to see Divine and Mr. C again. And all the old haunts (okay, Cafe Bernard and Johnny O'Hagan's) feel more like home every time I go. I'm starting to understand the lay of the land. I know where I want to live. I'll really enjoy New York City for as long as I'm here, but I'll still be moving on before the year is out. I love Chicago.

6 Comments:

At 4/04/2006 11:18:00 AM, Blogger K. said...

Hey! Sorry I missed you this weekend! (I just got your voice mail on the way back from Boston) Glad you had a good time and that your trip was safe. (I gather)

 
At 4/04/2006 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sid, Was tons of fun, tho too brief you're right; couldn't be helped. Don't worry tho, I know there's going to be more drunktasticness abounding here abouts when you're here next.

 
At 4/05/2006 12:53:00 AM, Blogger Viv said...

Sorry I missed ya Sid, but I think that I'm off my drinky drinks for a bit. Glad to hear you had a good time. We've got to get together again to wreak some havoc.

 
At 4/05/2006 07:31:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

NOOOO!!! Don't leave us!!! Stay in New York!! :)

 
At 4/05/2006 10:10:00 AM, Blogger Shasta MacNasty said...

I LOVE it when you come to Chicago! :::giving the gas-face to stolie::: Can't wait til you move here!

:-D

 
At 4/05/2006 10:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikers! sorry about the flight debacle. that is super not cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home