src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Hot. Steaming. Ass.

Which is how I feel right now, after spending however much time at WhiskyLive last night, ta very much. Single malt is a helluva drink. I should never be allowed to have anything older than me. Seriously. I'm sure that's what threw me off. Once it gives up the angels' share.... I highly recommend the BenRiach 21, though. *stumbling out for coffee* Oh, and just as an aside: If you're a (single) girl, you should totally do Whisky events alone. One, they're full of the boys, and two, well, they're full of the boys. Boys (and by "boys," I mean funny gnarly old dudes and the occasional hottie in a kilt) who get to do what they like to do best: explain their area of expertise to you, and pat you on the head and tell you you're cute. Just nod and smile. It's a time-tested system that works. More or less. Happy Thursday.

5 Comments:

At 4/06/2006 09:33:00 AM, Blogger Shasta MacNasty said...

im so glad you decided to go! did you hook up with the glenfiddich crew?

 
At 4/06/2006 10:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said "Angel's Share"! You're stock just split with me Sid! So proud of you right now.... sniff... -Rob

 
At 4/06/2006 10:36:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Shas--
Oh yes I did hook up with them at the end of the evening. I'll shoot you an email to recap, K?

Rob--I know, I know. I learned so much last night! And, if you really want to get weepy, how's this: I was given a dram of a 1966 Glenfiddich. Rather fine stuff. Only costs about $2000 a bottle, apparently. Peanuts. Ha.

 
At 4/06/2006 01:22:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

i don't think i'm old enough to get on the whisky train (i'm comfortable being a wino, thanks), but i hope you feel better!

and guess what? i'm coming to nyc in july! you'll still be there right? i figured i'd give you better notice than calling you 10 blocks away from your house. :)

 
At 4/06/2006 04:12:00 PM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Hotties in kilts?!?! You *HAVE TO* let me tag along for the next event!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home