src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, April 14, 2006

Answered.

Time's up, skittles! Here are your (er, well, like nine of you) questions answered. Thanks for the questions. I'm really surprised how nice everyone was with their queries. No one asked for any deep, dark secrets. Sweet. This post is cake. Stolie asked: Question 1: When you're at home, in the dark and you're in your bed late at night, what's your "Biggest Fear"? Well, Stolinator, I'm glad you asked! As it happens, I am terribly afraid of late that the dead are watching and trying to steal my life force, but that's just because I saw Lucky Number Slevin last night and it had a preview for the lame-o movie Pulse. Otherwise, I'm generally concerned about little things, like intruders and Satan. Question 2: What's you favorite entertainment / fun place in New York City, and why? This one is tricky. I spend a lot of time going to movies, some time shopping, but I rarely do serious entertainment outings. I have spent a great deal of time at the Brooklyn Museum of Art. Does that count? Otherwise, I'd have to say, various movie theaters, or DSW. They're the only things I do other than work, eat and sleep. Shasta asked: 1. How do you get through the day, every day, with all the batshit craziness you have to deal with? I spend money, I go to Chicago. I spend money in Chicago. And I have a lovely shrink. It's workin' as well as it's workin'. 2. Please share with us one or two things that is always on your mind when you are alone, please? What can I be doing to be better/smarter/more adjusted/more loved. I'm the child of an atypical home, shall we say. That leads to certain neuroses. Not a day passes when I don't wonder if every perceived slight, ever dissatisfaction, every imperfect moment isn't in some way my fault, and couldn't in some way be rectified by altering of my behavior. I don't think such things every minute, but at some point every day, I'm wondering, "How could I be better?" *shrugs* Viv asked: Question 1: Who was your childhood best friend and why were they your best friend? Are you still close to them? I had a different one at each elementary school. (I went to...lessee...six.) But the best friend I had the longest was probably Christie. We were both super-chub-funnymakers who sort of jointly joked our way through late elementary and early middle school at American Christian. (Oh yes, people. I've seen into the fundamentalist heartland. It is a scary, scary place.) We just had fun and laughed our assess off. You know, without the actual ass detachment part. I haven't talked to her in years. I have found that an early lifestyle of frequent moves has had the effect of putting a shelf-life of about two years on most of my relationships, including my relationships with places. I'm always amazed these days that I have friends that go back more than a few years. But I do. Guess I'm learning... Question 2: Do you ever think you'd want to talk to your father again? Besides the need for a kidney. Hmmm. Maybe. I would never rule it out. At this point, I don't know what I'd say, but perhaps the occasion would find me in possession of the words. From Keidra: Do you believe in true love? Why or why not? Yep. Absolutely. But mainly because I don't believe anything is impossible. To say true love doesn't exist is to deny the possibility. Besides, who's to say what true love is? It has to be a personal matter, with boundaries and components individually defined. What looks hell to you or me could be someone else's happy-ever-after. And I think most mothers and fathers would argue that they had a moment of perfect love at the birth of a child. Now, if you're wondering whether I think I'll ever find it...but that's another question. AnonyRob said: What kind of motorcycle do you see yourself riding? The kind with training wheels. And doors. And front- and side-impact airbags. Um. I really like the idea of riding, and if I were to be really cool and ride, I'd want something small and, well, small. Or I'd be happy taking a racecar driving class. Nerd Girl asked: What's the highest number on the Bitchster Scale and do you ever reach it? I'll say 10. I'd say I reached it every day, but my bitchitude is rarely not justified, so I don't think it counts. Now that I'm sure about when I'm leaving, I've mellowed considerably, too. You can endure anything if you know it will end. From QuietlyGoingMad: 1. If you could be any shoe what shoe would you be and why? A smart, flat-heeled, black leather boot. Utilitarian, unisex, perennially stylish. 2. How do you eat an Oreo? Soaked in soy milk and en masse. 3. If you could have sex with any one person you personally know, who would it be and why? Ah. Well...my dear, oldest male friend. There is an inexplicable ease between us. He's a good, intelligent, considerate and passionate man. I've learned some things about myself, thanks to him. Anyone who makes you consider who you are and who you want to be, for the better, is a good bet. The Humanity Critic asked: 1. If you could punch any celebrity in the face, free shot, who would it be? I only get one? I can think of about 20 who could use a nice ass-whuppin'. Damnit! Okay...Rush? G.W.? Lil Jon? Tick-tock, tick-tock...I got nobody. Generally speaking, punching people in the face does jack shit. Now, would you like me to list the people I'd like to publicly humiliate, strip of their wealth and privilege, and teach illuminating lessons in compassion and humanitarianism? G.W., Rush Limbaugh, Bill O' Reilly.... Wait a minute. I take that shit back. I would love to punch that smug fuck in the face. Okay, Bill O'Reilly. 2. Name a cd/record that you own that you feel would change someone's life? Sorry, man. I'm just not that into music. I mean, there are many things I like a lot, but none I feel are life-changing for me. Any album could be life-changing to someone, but music isn't my medium. 3.What do you think happened to Jimmy Hoffa? He's now a kindly old adoptive mother of three children, living on a farm in Iowa. Or he's dead as a muhfuggah. Okay, thanks, y'all. That was fun! Enjoy your weekends!

4 Comments:

At 4/14/2006 12:48:00 PM, Blogger QuietlyGoingMad said...

Sid, do you mind if we steal this one? I find it to be a very interesting 'experiment'....

And I really liked your answers, especially the true love one and the friend/sex! My hope for true love spring eternal and to be able to say something that genuine and good about a friend is the highest compliment that could possibly be paid. As my gram would say "Sid, you're just 'good people'!"

 
At 4/14/2006 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Mam'selle QGM, steal away! I stole it, too. And thanks for the compliments! Now, you posted yet? I got some questions for you...

 
At 4/15/2006 10:13:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

Thanks for answering all of our questions!! Have a great weekend, and I'll see you on Monday. :-)

 
At 4/18/2006 11:07:00 AM, Blogger Blah Blah Blah said...

Loved the answer to the "believing in true love". I don't generally believe in love...it's sorta...unbelievable..but liked that aswer.

Also, the sex question about a friend...

I liked this..do it more often please.
Bye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home