src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, June 02, 2006

Bad Mommy.

I know, I've been neglecting this little blog, miserably. I keep starting posts, but never finish them. Maybe it's something in the air. Maybe there's just too much going on. For instance, instead of writing about having a little fun last weekend, I actually had a lot of fun, with Stolie and her pals Bro, M, E, KP, and LWAPB. (Don't ask. It's the longest acronym ever. I could stick with his plain, real name, but the full gist is too amusing to ignore). Little fun = time to write. Lot of fun = need to sleep. And then I had that whole interview and offer situation. That was big. And has pretty much been consuming the last few days, because I'm not talking about leaving my current job, you know. This new job? Internship. No pay. As in, will not keep Bouley on table or DKNY on back. I'm siddity. We can't have that. Which means I've been spending the last few days trying to figure out how I will essentially hold down two full-time jobs and a part-time job (I need to go to culinary school, but I'm not trying to pay for another degree. Enter the Kitchen Assistant job. Clean the students' messes, get to spy on classes, learn without additional debt. Woot.) Sigh. Of course, if anyone out there is just bursting with money to burn and would like to be my patron, funding my six month internship and a basic stint at FCI, well, do speak up. I figure that would only cost about...Let's see. $6,000 for the classes, about $1400/mo for a shitty studio sublet, $200/wk for living expenses (this includes shoes, don't worry)...and rounding out for incidentals, like, say, bail money...$20,000. Not that much money, when you think about it. Oh no, wait. Student loans. Forgot about those. That would be another $3000 over 6 months. So, $23,000. Eh? Who's in? *crickets* Fine. Anyway, eventually, everything will sort itself out and I'll return to regular blogging. Or I'll die of exhaustion, but either way, lovelies, it has nothing to do with you. I'm off to mike a nice linguine aglio e olio. I'm starved. And I've totally neglected to restock my cupboards this week. Time for scavenger food. Happy Friday.

2 Comments:

At 6/04/2006 11:22:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

girl, you are WORKING it. makes em feel like a bit of a lazy ass. you deserve to have a great blog-free weekend. live it up. :)

 
At 6/05/2006 08:34:00 AM, Blogger Twanna A. Hines | FUNKYBROWNCHICK.com said...

LWAPB. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home