src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Rhapsodi made me do it!

Three names you go by: 1. Sid 2. Bean 3. Rainbow Brite (I have an alter-ego to protect, so I'm not sharing my real name, lol.) Three screen names you have: 1. Sid 2. Budderflie 3. Tortuga Three things you like about yourself : 1. My unsinkable spirit and optimism. Shush. I'm much cheerier in real life. 2. My brains (thanks, Mom) 3. My eyes Three things you hate/dislike about yourself: 1. My ADHD personality 2. My procrastinatory nature 3. My lack of, um, oh, I dunno. What was the question? Three parts of your heritage: 1. Black (Af/Carib. American) 2. White (Welsh/English and French from the surnames. Funnily enough, there are more women with my exact first and last name in Wales than anywhere else in the world. Callalillies, care to fill in here and explain that? Hmmmm?) 3. Red and Brown (C, Momma was 1/2 Cherokee? And the paternal gran says South Asian, too.) Three things that scare you: 1. Men in totally matched, brightly colored polyester suit ensembles. I run. I run. 2. Failure/Mediocrity. This occasionally gives me panic attacks. 3. A short film collaboration between Bunuel and Dali I saw some years back involving slicing an eyeball with a razor. I will never forget that image. Eeeee. Ick. Twitch. Three of your everyday essentials: 1. Contacts. I must see. 2. 'Puter/laptop/cellamaphone, with Internet. I am an information whore. 3. My ridiculously-pricey-but-absolutely-worth-every-penny skincare regimen. Three things you are wearing right now: 1.My blue and white (Boola Boola!) Puma speedcats, which have gotten me more compliments than perhaps any other item of apparel I own, save my flash orange tweed coat. 2. My dangly Oktoberfest earrings. 3. Eyeliner and a flirty smile. Just kidding. About the smile I mean. I'm totally stoneyfaced. But the eyeliner bit is true. Three of your favorite bands/artists at the moment: Right this minute I was humming a Spacehog song, and before that some Sara McLachlan, but those aren't my favorites, I suppose, so here--nope, can't do music only. I'll do a film/music/lit. thing. 1. Wes Anderson (I just saw The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou Wednesday, and I believe my love for The Royal Tenenbaums is well documented. Wes, I am available for mating. Or tea. Whatever you have time for. Mating could arguably be faster. It's hard to drink hot water quickly. But I do have some lovely teas.) 2. Kunzru. I really loved The Impressionist and Transmission. Neither of which I've read recently, but both of which are standing out at the moment. 3. I really want the Maroon 5 CD. Does that make it a favorite? Er, or Outkast. I always luh' those fools. Three of your favorite songs at present: 1. Bebel Gilberto, "Aganju" 2. The main song from The Life Aquatic..., which should totally be my new cell ring. Or the Radiohead song on the Romeo + Juliet (Baz Luhrmann version) soundtrack 3. Pizzicato Five, "Baby Love Child" Three new things you want to do in the next 12 months: 1. Byline in a respected national publication 2. Finish my novel 3. Um, well...nope, can't say, too dirty, mwahahaha! Er, or maybe just shape up a bit, and get more organized, and begin my savings project that will enable me to stop working for a few years and travel when I'm 29 or 30. That would be the best 30th birthday gift to myself. That, or this haircut. I've had long hair forever. At some point, you gotta take the plunge. Three things you want in a relationship: 1. Honest-to-god friendship. 2. Humor and understanding. 3. Space (as in, my own quarters in a shared residence. A study or suite of rooms will do fine, dahlink, mwah!) 4. Naughty, naughty, naughty... Two truths and a lie: 1. I have been to a naked party. 2. I applied to med school and didn't get in. 3. I have spanked total strangers. Three physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to you: 1. Eyes. Eyes. Eyes. Eyes. 2. Noses--either strong/dignified or very sharp. I dunno why. I just like 'em. 3. Smell. At certain times of the month I could be induced to follow a man who looks like hell but smells good. Three things you just can't do: 1. Eat a raw banana. Blech. 2. Somersaults 3. Read gangsta/hip-hop lit novels. The typos alone make my ass crazy. Three of your favorite hobbies: 1. Reading. 2. Reading. 3. Writing. Three things you want to do really badly right now: 1. Watch some Netflix DVDs 2. Kiss 3. Get an iPod 4. Naughty, naughty, naughty. Teehee. Three careers you're considering: 1. Entertainment industry governess 2. Writer 3. Lawyer 4. Courtesan. Mwahahaha! Interested parties click here Three places you want to go on vacation: 1. Morocco 2. Scotland 3. Brazil Three kids names: 1. Sophie 2. Noah 3. Anneke Three things you want to do before you die: 1. Publish a novel 2. Family/children 3. get an iPod, lol. Just kidding--live abroad again. Four--Five--people who have to take this quiz now or die painfully: 1.Maryann 2. Saffron 3. K. 4. Mary 5. Kendall

7 Comments:

At 12/17/2004 10:42:00 AM, Blogger Kay said...

Dammit, Sid! (copy, paste...)

 
At 12/17/2004 11:43:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Thanks for the shout out. I can do it again if you want. ;) I'm much cheerier in real life, too. The blog is for bitching. I'm mad you have such a good list, makes mine look like poo. heh. Juuust kidding. That I'm mad, not that mine looks like poo.

Who makes the overly priced skin care regimen?

 
At 12/17/2004 09:23:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

The skincare regimen is a combination of Peter Thomas Roth skin treatment (potent botanical skin brightening gel, I believe is the name--$45) DDF cleanser (brightening cleanser, $28) and moisturizers (oil free moisturizer for night and spf 15 oil free moisturizer for day, i got a special set--$45 for both!yippee!) and Caudalie sensitive eye contour cream, which was a free gift for all the money i spent at sephora on the other stuff, but which will cost me about $50 when i need to replace it, but i need it because the cleanser dries out the area around my eyes, dammit, but makes my skin look all happy-glowy and stops breakouts and shiz.) TMI?

 
At 12/18/2004 07:01:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

Mom, don't make me have to block your IP address...you WRONG!

 
At 12/18/2004 08:04:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

LOL @ Ghetto/Gangsta Lit - I am still shocked that there is such a genre.lease tell me where I can find such material!

Ill have my list up and ready soonish

 
At 12/19/2004 08:29:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Not TMI at all1 Everyone gets tired of their skincare so its obvious I'll have to head to Sephora and try some new things out. Thanks for the review. ;)

 
At 12/20/2004 09:47:00 AM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

I thought I was the only one that notices the typos in those books! Don't they have publishers that proofread?! Good Lawd!

By the way...your last career choice...let me know if you want to open a branch location in DC. *cough*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home