src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, February 11, 2005

Epicurean Adventures of Siddity: Bitch in the Kitchen

Loaf Originally uploaded by Siddity.

Who am I kidding, really? Despite all the bitching and moaning about the City, all the shopping recaps, all the snarky comments on whatever I can get my little mind around, this is a food blog. You know it is. You know it. Okay, maybe it isn't. I don't actually do enough talk about the cooking, and way too much about the drinking and eating. It's time for all that to change. Well, not all of it. I'm still all about the shopping and bitching and spending an ass of cash on dining out and drinking, really. But I have decided to also do some actual cooking. Cooking I will periodically share on my blog, like this, in a section I will now call "Epicurean Adventures of Siddity: Bitch in the Kitchen." Bitch-in-Kitch, for short. And if Mary doesn't mind ('cause I skraight jacked this photo from her), Loaf will be my new unofficial cooking mascot. Everybody, say hello to Loaf.* And if she does mind, well, everybody, say goodbye to Loaf, too, while you're at it, lol. I welcome recipes, but since I don't eat meat (often), Bitch-in-Kitch will be primarily a vegetarian food blog. I say primarily because I reserve the right to try anything that looks exceptionally delicious and interesting, especially if it involves wild fowl or game meats. I also always, always, always alter recipes, often for the hell of it. I bristle under authority. This includes recipes. I'm twisted like that. Anyway, welcome to the beginning of Bitch-in-Kitch. If I do a lot of cooking, I may even start an actual separate cooking/food blog. But we've seen what happens when I threaten to do that. Fuck-all, that's what happens. But we'll see. I'll try to live up to all of my loaf-ty goals and expectations. I'll do at least one new recipe per week, I swear. I won't loaf around. I'll stop now, before you all grow to loave me. Bwahaha!

*Loaf responded to your welcome, but Loaf isn't really good with people. He says, "Shut the hell up and pass me the confectioners sugar, bitch." I think Loaf needs a time out. Don't worry, I won't let him talk to you that way often. He's just new--adjusting and acting out. But he's a wonder in the kitchen. Bwahaha!

6 Comments:

At 2/11/2005 08:37:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

OMG - I just read all the food posts. You know I LOVE the food posts.

Too bad on the biegnets. Did I spell that right? The cervix cookie? Um, no - but I had no idea shortbread was that simple so I MAY make some this weekend.

The soup looks DELISH - I love cauliflower and cheese. Hmmmm.

Looking forward to more Bitch in Kitch posts and seeing Loaf. Aww he's so sweeeeeeeeet. Happy Loaf.

Spread the Loaf!!

 
At 2/11/2005 09:58:00 AM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

Yayyy! Food!

 
At 2/11/2005 11:33:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

i'm very proud of your culinary exploits, altho i must say you get points off for your many, many many loaf puns.
i have a great recipe for you -- i'll just put it up on my blog rather than posting the long ass recipe here.
or maybe i'll email it to you.
or maybe i'll do both.
it's veggie, indian inspired, and a little bit of work, but well worth the end result.

 
At 2/11/2005 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

I need to learn to cook. When you get the simple stuff....Please do a tutorial....with pictures....step by step.

 
At 2/11/2005 11:42:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Oh foodie posts. Im a fan already.
Maybe you could do some gourmet cheese fries? Hmmmm?

 
At 5/31/2005 03:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think u'll appreciate this site:
http://www.indian-recipe.net
lots of food!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home