src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Foot-in-mouth again. And a bit about taxes.

Sid: How's your project going? MP: Which one? Sid: The one that's been killing you with the workload. SMH! WTF is wrong with me?!?! Blow it off, ignore, ignore, make like you've said nothing wrong. Whistle whistle, doobedoobedoo... That approach actually seemed to work, since he sort of blinked and moved on. Ha. I've decided not to try to censor myself because a) that's dumb, b) it's patronizing to assume he can't handle common parlance, c) trying not to say something guarantees it'll pop out every two seconds like I've got Tourettes and d) I'm going to forget to censor anyway, which is what happened today. Whoops. Aaaaaaaaaand.... I finished my taxes! Yay me! Refunds from state and federal IRS tax mongers, yay! Now, the question is CD, MMA, Roth IRA or large student loan payment? I'm torn between saving/investing it immediately and the loan payment, because I have one small private loan, direct from my undergrad university (to foot the extra cost of going to London junior year) and the interest rate is indecent-- 9 percent. I kinda think that paying off a quarter of that loan at once would save me more money in interest than I could possibly earn in interest in a CD or MMA. But I could just open a Roth IRA and have my contribution for the year taken care of. Advice? Suggestions?

2 Comments:

At 2/10/2005 10:28:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Wholeheartedly agree with b and c.

Not c so much that I think YOU have tourettes but I'm the same.

I went on this date with a guy - I knew beforehand he didn't swear. So the whole night what did I do? Cursed like a F'ing SAILOR on LEAVE with lots and lots of hotties around. Lord.

Anyway-

No advice on the money issue. I'm getting $12 back and I'm much too concerned with what I'm going to do with mine than to give you advice on yours.

:)

 
At 2/11/2005 11:30:00 AM, Blogger maryann said...

i say pay off your loan, but skim a little off the top to enjoy yourself. it makes more sens eto pay off that loan with that horrendous interest rate...
...and you shouldn't hold your tongue. screw 'em. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home