src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Even more ways to spend your money.

I realize I haven't done a real post in a while, but there has been so much shoppification information, you know, I just had to share. Hand painted and pop purses at Naughty Secretary Club. Okay, I personally would not be caught dead carrying a spangled fish bag, but that Studio 54 is kinda hot, and those hand-painted jobs by Hope Perkins are too much. I love "Up Yours." I'd buy it if the hand had a little brown. Note to NSC--give us an option, okay? Links courtesy of Make Me, who has one helluva crafty streak, and fine taste in tea. Ikea. I shouldn't need to point this out, since everyone knows Ikea is the place to tart up your pad, since you get the cutest stuff for almost no money. I went twice in January, thanks to Ikea's genius idea to have a bus that runs from gate 5 at Port Authority to their store in Elizabeth, NJ (Saturday and Sunday, every half hour between 10 and 2:30). In two trips, I spent less than $200. Do you know what I got? Four duvet-cover sets (Tove, two Malou Cirkel, and Tanja Blomm) two coffee tables (Lack), two decorative cushions and a supercute giant cushion cover, a four piece set of stainless steel pots and pans from their 365+ collection, a collander, five hanging closet organizers (Skubb and Fangst) , two pillow cases (Femmen), and a partridge in a pear tree (Birden Arbol). Okay, I'm lying about the pillow cases. John Fluevog shoes. These kinda date back to my more punk days, when I had a purple widow's streak and wished and wished and wished for a pair of knee-high Angels boots, but the pricetag and my chubby calves defeated me. But now I have money, broader tastes, and, well, slightly leaner calves, but whatever, they make really hot ankle boots, too. And the soles and heels have fun shapes and messages. So if you get some, don't go committing any crimes and leaving footprints and shit, okay? iPod Lounge. Besides having excellent advice on which speakers, headsets, and tattoos and skins to use, or not, it's where I discovered the lovely corset cover Baby will wear someday, if ever I get over the horror of spending $100+ for a little iPod wallet. Of course, I might just have to check out the deals at Marshall's, instead.

1 Comments:

At 2/01/2005 12:56:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

i likey the black crackle heels.
i'm jealous that you got the speakers, but i'm holding off for the bose speakers. and well, since my girl got me some pretty decent speakers for christmas, i've gotta hold off on bose for a while too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home