src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Mardi Gras

Beer, beeds, boobs and beignets. Hm. I swore I'd be in New Orleans for it this year, dammit. Instead, I'm working. Bummer. Maybe tonight I'll head on down to Delta Grill for the atmosphere. And the fatty cheese and crawfish pie with Abita. Then again, maybe I'll just get takeout...I'm not even sure they have beignets. Say, where can you get a beignet in this city? Acquiring one is my mission tonight. If I find one, there will be photos. No pictures of boobies or beads, though, so don't ask.

7 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 12:43:00 PM, Blogger maryann said...

i did a quick search and only got results for shi-shi restaurants that had $120 tastings menus or restaurants that served a "delicate lobster beignet..."

typical of this city, but there's gotta be a good beignet somewhere around here..

 
At 2/08/2005 06:16:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

You always talk about food that sounds oh-so-very tasty. Sigh. I wish I wouldn't have skipped lunch....

Take lots o' pics.

 
At 2/08/2005 06:32:00 PM, Blogger deborah said...

Happy Mardi Gras! New Orleans - funfunfun!

If you are feeling adventurous... you can try making some?

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/breakfast/beignets.html

Go on... give it a go!

 
At 2/09/2005 12:24:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Playing zydeco and dancing?

*dead*

ROFLMAO!

too crazy!

 
At 2/09/2005 10:27:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2/09/2005 10:29:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

I am so hating on you still. You are a party whereever you go.

 
At 6/26/2005 04:32:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The food at the Delta Grill does not compare to the original cajun, creole cuisine here in N'awlins. Come visit soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home