src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, February 11, 2005

Dessert.

Monet cookies Originally uploaded by Siddity.

So, carrying this whole Scottish theme way too far, I decided to make Scotch shortbread. You know, because a) I wanted some cookies b) I figured I could pawn the extras off on my coworkers c) shortbread only requires butter, sugar and flour, and I gots alladat. Now, I've made shortbread cookies before, and it was really easy, natch:

3/4 c. softened butter 1/4 c. sugar 2 c. flour Preheat oven to 350F. Blend butter and sugar together, then work flour in with your hands to form dough. Chill mixture (to stiffen it up a bit. It is butter based, after all). Roll out and cut or mold into shapes as desired. Place cookies onto ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. For some godforsaken reason, I thought it would be cute to make the cookies into little Valentine's Day hearts. Little pink Valentine's Day hearts. I must have been out of my effing mind. First of all, I have no cookie cutters, so anything I made, I'd be shaping by hand. And secondly, Making the bitches half pink meant I'd have to do two batches of shit by hand. Stupid plan. Like that's ever stopped me. I did get sick of it fewer than a dozen cookies in. Then, you'll notice, they became little drop cookies with berry jam in the middle. Pfft. They're almost cute from a distance.

1 Comments:

At 2/11/2005 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

I am a short bread fiend! And it's so fattening, but dipped in chocolate it's devine! These don't look too bad. You should be proud. I wish you could send me some.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home