src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, February 11, 2005

MeMe MeMe MeMe

1. What time did you get up this morning? 10:41 (work for me starts between 12:30 and 2:30, and ends late).

2. Diamonds or pearls? Amethysts, or something interesting and antique. Seriously. Though I must say, when I was 15 and reading an ass of fashion mags, I thought Carrera y Carrera cherub rings were awe-inspiring. I've never seen anything like them since.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. I might name my firstborn child Zissou. Thanks to Saff for reminding me that I'd seen it, dur.

4. What is your favorite TV show? SATC or Rescue Me or AbFab

5. What did you have for breakfast? Bread and soup and home-brewed coffee.

6. What is your middle name? Rain

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Japanese, North Indian

8. What foods do you dislike? Raw bananas

9. What is your favorite chip flavor? Cape Cod reduced fat kettle chips dipped in plain yogurt or cottage cheese. Sounds like some diet BS, but it is reallyreally good, swear. 10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? The Cure, Galore. Some of the purely sweetest (hello, that means cheating and baby drama and bump-and-grind-free, can we not hear a song that talks about that shit?!?) lovesong lyrics ever written were written by those crazy, bad-makeup-job having boys. Bless you and your AquaNet, Robert Smith.

11. What kind of car do you drive? Are you kidding me? I live in Manhattan!

12. Favorite sandwich? Grilled cheese club at Greenhouse Cafe in Harvard Square, Cambridge.

13. What characteristic do you despise? Stupidity is almost too easy. Willful ignorance, I think, because some people really just don't know better.

14. Favorite item of clothing? My blue and white Pyoomas (funny British neighbor pronunciation)

15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go? A Londres. Or Scotland or Morocco or Bahia, Brazil.

16. What color is your bathroom? Sterile NYC high-rise gleaming white. The decs are a mix of pink, blue and orange, with some yellow for kicks. It sounds like kiddie-carnival vomit, but it works.

17. Favorite brand of clothing? To wear? On me? In real life? Man, some Max Studio, Levis, LB, more what looks good and feels good for what I do than sounds good. But on my fantasy body, in my fantasy life? Whoa, now we're talking Alaia circa 1992. Kidding. Well, not kidding, but I'm more excited by waht looks good on me than labels. Now, I'm not about to screw around with what goes in my body. That has to be the best. You know, except when it's ramen.

8. Where would you retire to? London in theory, anyplace I'm surrounded by love in actuality.

19. What was your most memorable birthday? My 22nd. It. Sucked. Huge. Nads. 20. Favorite sport to watch? Mmm, rugby. Best uniforms ever, haha. Kidding. Tennis on occasion, soccer on occasion, swimming on occasion. Let's just say I don't watch sports for strategy.

21. What fabric detergent do you use? Gain. It was on sale and smells powerful good.

22. Coke or Pepsi? Classic cola? Coke.

23. Are you a morning person or a night owl? My workday ends at midnight, Whaddayouthink?

24. What is your shoe size? 8

25. Do you have any pets? Unless you count the house centipedes I spot sometimes scurrying around in my apartment, um, no.

26. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share with your family & friends? I gots a raise! An extra buck an hour! Woohoo!

27. What did you want to be when you were little? Little meaning...? When I was 10? A fashion-designing model/veterinarian/rockstar princess. But when I got some damned sense (say, age 15?) An international business bigwig. Even studied Mandarin for a few years in college, almost all gone now, alas.

28. What are you doing today? On call at this very minute, but I've already put in about 5 hours. Working when I'm called, and after work, reading, sleeping.

29. If you could, what would you like to be doing now as far as a career? Other than personal lurve slave to the Rock? Writing, of course.

2 Comments:

At 2/12/2005 02:42:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Where do you find those chips? That sounds good. And where do I find a job where I don't have to get up at the crack o' dawn?

LUCKY!

 
At 2/12/2005 10:20:00 PM, Blogger Sid said...

The chips I always found at the regular grocery stor set up, but since they are Cape Cod brand, they might just be available in the New England area, you know?

And LOL @ the lucky job comment! The tradeoff for my schedule is that I'm on call for work 6 days a week, usually until 12 or 1 am, and one of those days starts at the ass crack of dawn--usually 7 am, but tomorrow 6:30 am. Not I wake up then--I have to BE there by then. So one day per week is a 12-15 hour day. So, some sacrifices. Still a pretty good deal though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home