src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Monday, February 14, 2005

Oprah has a six pack. I want a six pack.

So, I just got roped into doing Oprah's 12 week bootcamp with a friend. It seems pretty straightforward: work out 6 days, eight times a week (sounds good, even though I will essentially be doubling what I do now), cut down on fats (buh-bye, fancy cheese), no carby foods like sweets, refined carbs or even whole grain carbs at first (no more crusty bread and soup meals), eat lots of green veggies and lean protein (Mmmm, hello sashimi, hello organic asparagus), no eating at least three hours before bedtime (Damn. But I can do it), no alcohol-- screeeeeeeeeeeeeech! Say wha?!?! Oh wait, no, you can have alcohol 3 times, I read. Goodgood, I drink way less than that per week, I say. Um, no, my friend informs me. Three times in 12 weeks. Screeeeeeeeeeeeech! Say wha?!?! That's like, once a month. You want me to live in NYC, work 60 hour weeks, and do it without eating anything sweet, fatty or starchy, and without drinking? Is you CRAZY? Why don't you just take my left eye? I mean, damn. The only thing they haven't ruled out is sex, and frankly, if you find yourself in the position where going on a program like this is necessary, you likely aren't getting a whole lot of that, either. Sheeeeeeeeeit. I'll settle for a four pack, and up my workouts to 9 a week or something. My friend says I have a problem. She doesn't have any 14 hour workdays.

7 Comments:

At 2/15/2005 05:21:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

Oh... this low carb regime. Hmmm. Life is too short to be doing such things. And GASP! no cheese. Why would you wanna go do that to yourself?

I say up the gyming... and get yourself a pair of 4 kg weights.

*Hand me a six pack - of beer that is ... Aaaahhh refreshing*

 
At 2/15/2005 08:45:00 AM, Blogger deborah said...

Tis time to move on...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ranjit/4748385/

 
At 2/15/2005 04:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No bread? No cheese? No vino? That is just not right. A girl could go crazy and end up on the news, shooting up a Godiva store or something.... or, wait, it that just me?

 
At 2/16/2005 04:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my tummy is a tad bit flabberated. but the way i see it, i got a six pack, i just never took it out of the bag.

 
At 2/16/2005 03:24:00 PM, Blogger Jazz said...

Okay, I think you lost me with the cocktails too. I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT MY COCKTAIL!!!

 
At 2/19/2005 10:55:00 AM, Blogger Rhapsodi said...

ROFL @ X.

Umm...no libations? Come on now...that's not even realistic!

 
At 6/25/2005 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oprah does _not_ have a 6-pack. Don't the tel-lie-vision fool yah ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home