src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cheese, Cheese, Cheese!

I got sidetracked at Fairway today. I have been deliberately avoiding the cheese department for the last month or so, but for some reason, today I gave in to its siren call. I am so weak. But I love my cheese! My haul: 1. Mauri duetto al walnuts, according to the Fairway label--Mauri brand blue gorgonzola and mascarpone cheeses layered together with walnuts. Hoooaaaaahoaoahaoaoammmmmmmmmm. It's like two delicious cheese foods wrestling in your mouth, with walnuts as ref! Throw in some honey and you've got a whole bachelorette party on your tongue, except without any of the nasty clean up or risk of STDs! Should I not have mentioned STDs while discussing delicious cheese foods? Was that a tastebud turn-off? Sorry. Anyway, the gorgonzola wasn't too sharp in this one, and the mascarpone was like, "Hmmmmmmm-mmmmmmmmm." *smack smack, tummy pat, sigh* 2. Murcia Curado/Naked Goat, a firm, mild Spanish goat cheese. This was astonishingly yummy topped with a dribble of honey. Astonishingly. 3. And my perennial favorite, Homboldt Fog chevre. I get this all the time, though, so it's almost not worth reporting. Very tasty, as usual, with and without honey. Go get some yummy cheese now. You know you want some. Cheeeeeeeese. CheeeeeeeEEEEEeeese. Cheese.

2 Comments:

At 4/01/2005 09:06:00 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

My name is Margaret, and I heart cheese, too.

Next weekend, I'm taking my daughter to Keukenhof,Holland, to see the tulips blooming. On the way there, guess where we are stopping...at one of the WONDERFUL cheese factories!! I'll take plenty of pictures for you. Tulips for Kennedi, cheese for me!

 
At 4/01/2005 12:08:00 PM, Blogger mrs.tj said...

You have me crackin up with the cheeses! I will have to take some of my shopping money to go get a couple of cheeses, just so I can see where you are coming from. The most exotic cheese I have ever tasted was Gouda! Yeah, I know amateur! Cheese gets expensive. Do you ahve a couple of sugesstions???I will have to try a couple and get back to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home