src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Dear Diary,

Today I had lunch at Friend House (99 3rd Ave, between 12th and 13th Streets, L to 3rd Ave.), on the LES (not the East Village, as I sleepily proclaimed last night), with the lovely and talented Miss James, who will soon be leaving our fair city to take up a post at the prestigious Baltimore paper. She's such a cool gal, I hope she digs her new, er, digs. We talked about her plans for the move, work, and what have you, and generally enjoyed the afternoon. Friend House was her suggestion, and a wonderful suggestion it was--really good pan-Asian on the relatively cheap. I had the pad thai and sushi combo; she had tempura roll and fried rice. Her meal was pretty easy to remember, because, for the second time, the waiters mixed up our doggie bags and I took off with her leftovers. Again. Sorry, M! I also spent a full hour or more wandering outside on this beautiful, 75+ degree day, kicking off my annual struggle against pasty winter skin. Already, my stems show signs of toasting, having gone from a sickly wheat to a slightly less sickly wheat. Re-melanization is imminent. And everyone knows a tan is slimming, haha! Well, that's all for now, diary. I think I'll watch some more of the quality programming* on A&E, and then tuck in for the night! *Robbie Knievel's Wild Ride is on! Aside from the fact that one of the stunt team members, Roman, who confessed to puking all day, managed to uncover a little-researched area of medicine when he noted that, while you could have bad food and get food poisoning, really, was there such a thing as bad booze? a couple of bleached-blond, slightly drunken gals, when forced to write down that they were hot, came up with "Hotie." Then went back to drunkeration. Class. This station could only be improved** by Springer in syndication! **Kidding. I'm not sure we should allow A&E at all if this is how they intend to carry on. When your programming becomes bikers and bail bondsmen in addtion to homicides and rapes, I think you are shooting for a rather questionable demographic. Can we not give the members of this demographic additional ideas?

1 Comments:

At 4/20/2005 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

What the hell is going on with A&E? That used to be one of my favorite channels. Hmph.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home