src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Salad days, tossed.

salad days Originally uploaded by Siddity.
Meh. I was talking with TDMM the other day about dieting and we were lamenting the fact that it just doesn't take as much energy (and thus, food) to keep our bodies running as we seem to believe. In fact, it takes surprisingly little. Which would explain why the last time I was able to lose any significant amount of blub was the time I was teaching, didn't get paid for five weeks, and was so poor I survived on two cups of coffee, a salad (free teacher's lunch in the cafeteria), and a single bleeding cup o' soup a day. This week, I managed to hit the gym five days out of seven and gained two pounds. Astonishing. So this was dinner. Lettuce, sliced strawberries, a little goat cheese and Annie's Naturals Papaya Poppyseed dressing. It's a goddamned good thing I actually like my greens. Otherwise, right now I'd be really fucking pissed. Come to think of it, right now I actually am really fucking pissed. Two pounds. Meh.

4 Comments:

At 4/18/2005 02:55:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

Since I've been watching what I eat, I've had a few days where I'm pretty pissed off, too. I think you're doing awesome, Sid. 5 days??? Keep at it. The salad looks YUMMY!

 
At 4/19/2005 01:16:00 AM, Blogger Jazz said...

dieting is yucky. why oh why must i DIE....STILL on a dam diet? this ish is never coming off.

 
At 4/19/2005 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Sid said...

Sadly, the clothes are NOT fitting better. Which means that, for now at least, rather than converting muscle to fat, I am likely just adding a layer of it under the fat, increasing my size. Or I'm just getting fatter, entirely possible as I haven't been sleeping well and have been stressed the fuck out for a while now, and my body is probably just going into a bad tailspin of stress gainage. Meh.

 
At 4/19/2005 10:33:00 AM, Blogger princessdominique said...

Salad does look yummy but aint no feeling like being hungry sweetie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home