src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, April 15, 2005

Random Weekend Update

FR10: 1.Waterfall, Stone Roses 2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, U2 3. Take a Chance on Me, Abba 4. Just Like Heaven, The Cure 5. Parachutes, Coldplay 6.Exit Music (for a film) Radiohead 7. Swim, Bush 8. Soul Surfing, Fatboy Slim 9. Wake Up, Alanis Morrisette 10. Get to Know Ya, Maxwell Dang. For a second, there, I thought it would be the American-free shuffle. Aside: Ruby Foo's spicy tuna rolls are like crack. Don't start, because once you do, you will develop a nasty, regular habit and find yourself on a first-name basis with all of their delivery guys. If anyone can think of a cure, let me know, because I'm having a hard time hitting bottom on this one. Stuff: I've been meaning to do more stuff reviews for a while. 1. Decorative arts by Miss Jazz. Have you seen the stuff on her website? It's adorable! Decs for the diva inside. Oh no, you can't see Prince's influence at all! LOL. 2. Target's houseware lines by Mizrahi and, well, Target. I love Target. And I love those Mizrahi housewares with the poppies, especially the duvet set. If I hadn't bought so goddamn many duvet sets at Ikea I might have been able to rationalize getting this one. But I have 4 duvet covers and one damn down blanket, so I don't need any more. *pout* 3. I've been wondering lately whether I am grown enough to invest in some major artwork. I don't think I am just yet, but I've had my eye on some pieces by Boston-based artist Yuko Adachi for when I finally really settle in somewhere. A few of her oil-on-canvas paintings and works on paper make me feel as very up though I've been on a champagne-and-coke bender. I mean, er, really, um, cheerfully effervescent. Which is how I imagine someone on a champagne-and-coke bender would feel. I've never-ohforgetit. 4. That Lush stuff was incredible. I am a convert for life when it comes to their massage bars, which are sticky as hell but make amazing moisturizers that smell great and keep your skin baby-soft. I'm going to stock up come next winter. I feel really stoopid for not checking out their store locations before I put in their mail order, though. Turns our there's a Lush shop, oh, THREE BLOCKS from my apartment. (I'm not even exaggerating. I just never walk on that side of the street, so I didn't notice it. I'm dense like that.) So I paid about $15 in shipping and waited a week for my stuff for no good reason. Dammit. Eh, I can't think of anything else. Oh wait, have you checked out the new links on my blogroll? Good stuff. Happy Friday.

3 Comments:

At 4/15/2005 07:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhhh girl you got some GOOOOOOD taste in music...*going back to listening to coldplay* :D

 
At 4/16/2005 01:53:00 AM, Blogger Brandon said...

the ABBA tune really makes that list work for me. nice touch.

 
At 4/17/2005 02:09:00 AM, Blogger Mary said...

There is a lot of cute stuff at Target right now. Oh, and Sid - I'd be so pissed about those shipping charges. I HATE s&h. *shaking head*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home