src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

This is just fucked up.

It has only been TWO DAYS ! How about we let the whole thing sink in for a minute, huh? Maybe, say, let the man be Pope for a few months, maybe a year? Or release it after his first 100 days, just to see how he's doing. No? You want it out within two weeks of his election? Oh, okaythen. I'm expecting some really in-depth discussion of his Nazi youth, no gloss-overs. And I'd like to hear exactly what direction he plans to take the church in. Oh, yeah, defender of the faith, whatever, but what exactly will that mean for the church from now on? Because, frankly, I could give a flying fuck less about his long walks and musicianship, okay? Get on it, Tobin. Criminy. What is wrong with people? Why must everything in the whole world be a marketing opportunity? This reminds me of the disillusionment I suffered in J school when I learned all the papers, wires and news channels prepared obits for older celebrities long before they died, just to have it ready when the geezer finally kicked the bucket. Just wrong, man. Just wrong.

2 Comments:

At 4/20/2005 07:25:00 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Oh dear Lord. Already? *makes the sign of the cross and walks off mumbling*

 
At 4/20/2005 08:08:00 PM, Blogger K. said...

Awesome post.

I'm surprised at how many media outlets are glossing over the "Hitler Youth" part of his resume, or ignoring it completely. I'm not even Catholic, and I'm fascinated by all the hubbub.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home