src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, June 24, 2005

Gym-gyminee....

Okay, I'm back on my routine. Definitely good. I've spent a few days now working out after ten vacation days and a crazy working weekend, and I feel much, much better. And sore. In a good way. Funny, that. How you can miss pain. Actually, come to think of it, it isn't funny at all. Most of us spend our childhoods in some bizarre kind of psychic pain and spend the rest of our lives trying to recreate it once we escape. Or so the shrinks say...er, what was I talking about? My point: I'm working out again. Yay! But I've had to decide whether or not to re-sign with my trainer. I think I will. But weird stuff seems to be going on at my gym lately. I swear there is a whole slew of new trainers there, and I haven't seen the second manager who's been there since I joined since I got back from vacation. Is he gone, too? Will I have the membership drama with a whole new manager? If I could engage my trainer outside the gym I would, but I just checked my membership contract and nice how it says that'll get me booted without a refund. So that ain't gonna happen. I'd actually not mind switching gyms, but it is impossible to quit and get a refund without a) losing three of your four limbs in a horrible accident, doctor's note required or b) moving 300 nautical miles from any of my gyms' or its affiliates' locations. Slight exaggerations in terms, of course. Actually, I haven't really had any problems since my last membership debacle, and the current crop of folks working there is really nice. It could be worse. Meh. I know customer service in the fitness industry is traditionally not just crap, but asswipingly deplorable, and reading some other online complaints against the major chains, I guess I should be happy. I mean, at least my gym is cheap. Ish. Cheapish. I checked this fitness training group out online and was a bit geeked. If I could get a few other people together, we could train as a tiny group and pay as little as $340 each for 20 hour-long sessions! That's per person for a group of five, though. But that's seriously only $17 per hour. Holy shit. I'm tempted to put an add on Craigslist just to get a group together. Eh, or not. I have cramps, and absolutely nothing else to say. Night-night!

1 Comments:

At 6/24/2005 08:31:00 AM, Blogger Baby Girl said...

I'm glad I don't have to get locked in and sign membership contracts in blood. My employer is part of Global Fit. So I can jump from gym to gym in the network as I please at reduced monthly prices and not pay initiation fees. That's one this this silly place got right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home