src="http://openmind.clemish.com/webbands/diversity_rb1_right.js">

Friday, June 24, 2005

Here's a random question for the lawyerly types.

Can a person suffer entrapment at the hands of an entity other than law enforcement, like a private contractor or company? Bear with me. Example: I hire a maid through a maid service. The service has shady billing practices or some other flaw that irritates me, which I complain about, but I like my maid, so I don't try to get out of the agreement. Management, however, is disgruntled by my complaints and wants to break our contract and keep the cash, so they enlist the maid to solicit me to engage her directly, which in the fine print of the contract, is a no-no that I am unaware of until after agreeing to employ the maid myself. Since I made the oral agreement with the maid, I've broken the rules and they can terminate my service without a refund, correct? But is that legal business practice if the company intentionally arranged a situation I would not have initiated on my own? So hard to find good help these days, you know! Anyhoo, you know what's fucking fabulous? Turkey bacon! Oh, also, I have fully re-embraced carnivory. Loaf will be glad. Know what's arguably evil, as in I'm pretty sure Lucifer actually holds the patent and is laughing his maniacal ass off all us fatties right now? This stuff. Hespecially this in "marshmallow." I bought some thinking it might be delicious! Now I'm trying to figure out how to ship an ass of it down to Gitmo to use as a torture--er, I mean, confessional persuasion--aide. Happy Friday!

1 Comments:

At 6/26/2005 10:53:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...seems like your "oral" contract would exist only if she accepted the offer. If she did, then it seems she would be violating the terms of her employment, and should be reported to her human resources manager for further action. Otherwise, if the words are all you have to go by, and there is no harder evidence of the offer, then it's her word against yours, which isn't hard enough evidence for the company to keep your money....

But I'm not a lawyer...that just sounds right...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home